Another Introduction

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Colleen, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Colleen

Colleen New Member

Hiya everyone. Thought I'd de-lurk here and introduce myself. My name's Colleen, I've studied $hito-Ryu for 6+ years (in Oregon), and have just started Shotokan (in Scotland).

Found this forum through Melanie, when she posted a thread on Gmattson's board. Thanks for posting the link Melanie, this is a really good forum.

2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Aw...gee...shucks Colleen!

Thanks for joining and I hope you find the forum useful. :)

I look forward to hearing more about you. Where abouts in Scotland are you now out of interest?

3. Melanie

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

You should have referred me Colleen! I get 10 and I get a prize said the forum owners :(

I have actually managed to introduce 19 people now...ho hum :)

Oh well..

(Hahahaha)

4. Colleen

Colleen New Member

Oops, sorry. I thought if I put 'Melanie' in the referred by box, that you'd be thinking 'who in the heck is this person? I've never heard of them'. Sorry 'bout that.

Scotland...I'm in Angus, roughly 40 minutes north of Dundee. My hubby's a native, so I moved over here to be with him. Unfortunately, I left all my equipment behind (punching bag, focus mitts, weapons, books, etc.) so I'm slowly trying to replace them. Not sure how customs would react if I mailed/shipped over my equipment. I can just imagine their faces when they read the packing list stating there were weapons. :D

5. Melanie

Cool! I visit Dundee every three months or so on business. See what I can wangle when I am up there methinks :D

There really is a place called Angus? Erm...ok...(HAHAHAHA)

I'm sure you could get your stuff sent over. Must be something you can do. I would imagine it would be very expensive though. Hope you manage to replace or get your gear back. :)

6. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Oi!

Mel.......now now...no slagging Scottish Place names.......Besides...Angus is a lovely place.

Hi Colleen, welcome to our madness.

Join in the general linching, riots and occassionally (if mel cracks a joke(very rarely)) laughter.

PS....do you like fish fingers?

fraser:D