Another BJJ academy cuts ties to Lloyd Irvin

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by slipthejab, Feb 20, 2013.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

As you all know the Lloyd Irvin rape scandal hit the news like a firestorm.... and it divided many in the BJJ world in regards to Lloyd Irvin and the way he runs his programs etc.

Now more and more stories are starting to crop up of allegations of bullying, greed coupled financial mismanagement and last but not least megalomania wrapped up in all the sales hype one could ever hope for. Ugh. So here's the latest news... another academy who's cut ties with Lloyd Irvin:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/1...explains-ending-relationship-with-lloyd-irvin

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

"MMA Millionaires"

Says it all. Mind you, much of the article is concerned with the world where finance has apparently taken over from teaching as the focus.

Mitch

4. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

This is Lloyd's response

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/20/4009938/lloyd-irvin-responds-beta-academy-split

5. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

it's really interesting how the more i find out about lloyd irvin, the less i like him. instead of the other way around.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

One of the commenst under the video

Says it all really

7. Sulfa Bocce

Sulfa Bocce Banned Banned

Wealth, power, and greed corrupts.

8. Hannibal

He was corrupt before he had any of those...except greed possibly

I don't believe it is actually true about wealth and power - you are either corrupt or not. It may just be that those disposed towards that way get richer because they are so selfish

9. Hannibal

Claiming you are not a rapist because you couldn't get an erection?

C'mon SON!

10. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Lloyd or Nakapan?

11. Sulfa Bocce

Sulfa Bocce Banned Banned

The legal definition of rape is penetration. So without an erection you can't really rape someone.

Using an object is sodomy, a different crime.

12. Hannibal

Yah thanks tips.....

13. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Explain what you mean by different.

14. Hannibal

sodomy traditionally has to be per anus - and it very much depends on where you are from as to an object qualifying as sodomy. Generally it is archaic legislation seldom used

Penetration per anus or per vagina is rape as long as it is with a penis; with an object it is sexual assault

In any event it's like trying to get away with murder because you shot at someone and missed...criminal attempts carry the same penalty

So I reiterate

C'mon SON!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Big news, TBC but looks like jordan and the majority of the others have also left, due to LI sexually harrassing the female team members.

Theres a statement on his facebook page.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  16. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

An 88 years old man admitted that he raped a 20 years old girl. The judge charged him, "Lie in the court".

17. righty

righty Valued Member

From a former team member.
    http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=80258939&posted=1#post80258939

18. mattt

mattt Valued Member

That guy gets some serious flack on that forum for leaving Alliance last year too.. BJJ politics seem crazy. There is enough doubt in my mind from stuff written about Jordon that this may be a play rather than legit.

That said, it is irrelevant since it seems pretty clear already what LI is all about.

19. righty

righty Valued Member

So I just spent the time reading through that entire thread on sherdog.

So far it seems the latest hasn't been officially confirmed - I suppose time will tell with that one.

But it does appear there was a complete exodus on the LI live-in fighters in one night. Just bad bad bad

20. mattt

mattt Valued Member

That's not really surprising though.. once a tipping point is met and when you consider a pack mentality the exodus makes sense.

I don't think its a bad bad bad thing for anyone.