Another Battle of MMA Legends Announced!

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by stump, Jun 4, 2006.

1. stump

stump Supersub

Renzo Gracie vs Pat Militich in the IFL

I complained before about the old guys coming back and how embarrasing it could be - but this one I'm really looking forward to.

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Gracie by sub. This is a fight I'd like to see - if there's any of the older Gracies that can still hang, it's Renzo. He took BJ Penn to a decision last year and looked pretty good in losing too

3. freak

freak Valued Member

thats going to be a great fight...renzo by submission

4. stump

stump Supersub

Doubt it - Pats Jiu Jitsu is pretty good and as both technician and tactition there's few better than him. Another victory for the Militich camp - probably by decision. No way in hell he'll dominate on the ground the way Hughes dominated Royce but I think he can hang with Renzo on the floor.

It should be a good one though...theres also talk of Maurice Smith coming back but nothings confirmed as yet. Rematch for Frank Shamrock and Tito next anyone???

5. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Wouldn't mind seeing Frank come back, hes far more entertaining than Ken.

6. stump

stump Supersub

Agreed. He recently beat Cesar Gracie - i hope he gets back to fighting fairly regularly. He was way ahead of his time when he quit the UFC - the rest of the world has caught up now - he could get some really interesting matches. Would love to see him versus Babalu Sobral. Hey, a guy can hope :)

To call Ken Shamrock stale and washed up is being nice to him. If HE can KO Kimo what is Bas going to do to the poor fool? :)

7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Pat, by superior striking skills. Whether it be standing or GnP, his subs aren't to shabby either, isn't he a BJJ BB? I doubt he'd tap Renzo, but then I doubt if Renzo can tap Pat either.