Another art?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Irish Karate, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Irish Karate

Irish Karate New Member

i have been doing kenpo now for a year and would like to take up another martial atr aswell preferably one with the same characteristics of kenpo.
    any ideas?

2. Brother John

Brother John New Member

Just wondering why you'd want to do this?
    Personally, I focus all of my energies on one art at a time. IF I ever get bored with Kenpo or feel at a true dead-end that I don't see getting over, maybe I'll do something else.

Personally, I don't see that happening. There's just too too much to be done in Kenpo.

Your Brother
    John

3. Les

Les Valued Member

Over the years I've 'looked at' several other Martial Arts, but nothing has ever appealed to me like Kenpo does.

Why do you think we call it the 'Kenpo Journey'?

In a year of training you will only have scratched the surface of what Kenpo has to offer. Hell, I've been into Kenpo since the mid 70's and I'm still in awe of all the knowledge there is yet to come.

As my good friend Brother John says, there is just too much to do to get bored with it.

I know you have recently afilliated to the AKKI, which means you have some of the best Instructors in Ireland, teaching the most innovative Kenpo curriculum.

If I were you I'd give it a little longer at the art you're in before you start to cross-train, as it can be very confusing.

This is not to say that cross-training isn't a good thing, but one needs a thorough knowledge of one art before one can mix it with another.

Good Luck in your Kenpo Journey,

Les