Anatomy of a Trained Street Fighter

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by patrick_eudy, Sep 28, 2004.

1. scorpiousmac

scorpiousmac Valued Member

Very,very good.Nice and simple and straight to the point without elaborating on every little twist and turn.Loved it!

2. DCombatives

DCombatives Valued Member

Well reasoned and right on target. You have the right sight picture for how to train and why.

I'm curious: what styles or systems have you trained in?

3. Crimson_Stone

Crimson_Stone Stay Puft

Good Article.

Have you read any of the classic taoist books?

Even Bruce Lee had those who he learned from.

4. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Wow. Not a bad article at all.

5. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Great read !!!

:p

6. S.I.D

S.I.D Valued Member

Gr8 article
    got sme directions to analyse my training, thanx a lot

7. participium

participium New Member

Good article,very good indeed. It was well grounded and not too biased. I enjoyed reading it.

8. CCG2

CCG2 Valued Member

An excellent piece of work, I liked how you explained the concept of Mind, Body, and Spirit in plain english at the end. I wish more schools agreed with you on the stick to your instincts thing. I know I do.

9. freak

freak Valued Member

good read, thanks for the article!

10. Don'tkillbill

Don'tkillbill New Member

Interesting and I agree on the theme of the article.

I'd like to think that years of sparring in semi and full contact situationshas given me the mental edge and by that I mean I understand my body... The quick rush of of adrenaline how it makes me "lock up" and how I breath loosens me up to punch fast and stay quick. If I can get through the first 5 seconds I know I have the skills to either avoid or dominate the other guy. I get wicked rushes of adrenaline for about 1-2 seconds....

It is so true about graceful fighters.. Another person at work takes a "gentler form of martial arts" and was taken back by my bruises on the arms and legs. "You must not be blocking right". No I'm helping a young man get ready for a brown belt test we get serious in our contact.

Punches, knees and elbows maybe a nice boot to the outer or inner thigh if the dude doesn't clench and thinks he's tyson.

11. Devildog2930

Devildog2930 Teneo vestri ego.

Great article! Nice to read something that really makes sense, nstead of the usual rubbish about street fighting techniques. :)

12. ghoststyle

ghoststyle New Member

Great article gave me something to think about.

13. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

well put great post