An interesting video

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by robertmap, May 22, 2013.

1. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi All,

Happened across this website (thanks to it's advert on facebook) www.streetcombattraining.com

Have a look at the video on the main page and then feel free to comment - I'll reserve my opinion.

2. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

From the site:"Your World Will Change Literally…Overnight!

In all of Robert’s teaching, there are NO complicated moves. You can master everything in a matter of hours."

Plus it looks like he has a camo gi on in the black and white bio pic photo.

So clearly this is the REAL DEAL:bang:

3. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Black Belt in Russian Military Jiu Jitsu? Who even knew such a thing existed?

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Pretty sure it says Sambo somewhere.

The UG couldn't decide if he was legit or not. Some claimed he reached Brown belt, others that he reached Blue belt.

5. Nojon

I copied and pasted from the site direct like.

6. Pretty In Pink

"is lethal street version of Brazilian jiu-jitsu is hybridized with Combat Sambo..."

7. Nojon

ah well, there I go.

8. Pretty In Pink

9. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Hi Robert

This is frowned upon here and some users have been banned for doing this after several warnings.

If you want to make a video thread you must make a comment on the video yourself rather than just post a link and say "thoughts?".

10. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Well pretty much the only belt ranking org. in SAMBO is the now-defunct USA Storm organization. Some schools still use the ranking system under Lance Campbell (the head of USA Storm SAMBO) but I train at one of those schools and "Russian Military Jiu Jitsu" is a new phrase for me.

11. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi John - sorry didn't know - my thoughts are that there is some good information in one of the subsidiary videos that has already been referenced: http://streetcombattraining.com/special/

But that the initial blurb with the 'credentials' looked a bit 'dodgy' and the video on the main page looked very poor from a practical self defense viewpoint. - Too much stuff that was either complicated, needed strength or took the fight to the ground - all bit no-no's (to be avoided if at all possible) in self defense applications.

(Hope that lets me come off the naughty step)