An Interesting Idea

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Chazz, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

What would you all think about people starting a "Person Thread". Such as "Talk to Chazz". Anyone who wanted to do this could start their own Thread (Talk to Jane Doe). This could be used for if you wanted to ask that person something, let that person know about something and so on. Get my idea??? And if its something that you all might be interested in, this would be the place for it since it is the "Question and Answer" section.

Hey Just An Idea, Let Me Know What You Think. If you like it, i'll be the first to start.

Think it over!

:cool:

2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Nice suggestion Chazz - might improve my posting level too! Don't suppose that had anything to do with it at all? ;)

Yeah but I suppose it could also bring the 'lurkers' out aswell. You all know who you are! :)

Lets see what others say

Melanie

3. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Melanie
    *LOL* Ya never know. I kinda thought it might boots some posts for people. *LOL* ;-)

-Chazz

4. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

Its a very nice idrea i'll be up for it.

5. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

chazz

hey ! joseki.....can't help but think you look a little like me.

I'm for for a pasteing...sorry posting.

6. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

Thats to scary to think about but i hope not HA HA HA

7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hey Chazz, isn't that what the PM's for? But hell it could be entertaining!

Thanx

8. Feiloong

Feiloong New Member

How bout a post called. "Flirt with Melanie"?

Master Feiloong will be the first to start.

while we are talking informally, how I was wondering what styles are being played by most of you people?

Feiloong is a kung fu / Modern Wushu player. I have background in batgua, chentaiji and some basic Yee Kuen but not enought to be called a worthy student. For Kung Fu, Im an ALL Southern Guy (for fear of intimidation amongst the lau gar people, I will not reveal my style at this stage :) ) Modern Wushu, I play Lam Kuen (Nan Chuan for all you Chinese speaking freaks :) ), Nan Dao (Southern knife) and some Chueng Kuen (Chang Chuan or long fist). Im not competing modern wushu anymore, as i most certainly passed the age of 17 (with more than 10 years already) but I still like to play and perform.

9. Melanie

How bout a post called. "Flirt with Melanie"?

Master Feiloong will be the first to start.

:D I think thats a brilliant idea meself!...Ahem! Er...your Moderator here...no such dilly-dallying allowed I'm sure!

Hahahaha

You seem to have a very varied background Feiloong. Do these arts compliment each other well?

Melanie

10. Feiloong

Feiloong New Member

Mell, how about a REAL pic of you in your avatar (although I must say if you are anything looking like that chick on the pic, you must be a ababe.

I would like to think all cma complement each other. All are internal and external, but as i think most know, batgwa, yi kuen and taiji are more internal. I did this, just to supplement my internal training. Guess also out of some curiosity about the styles. Modern Wushu I did just because at the time, it was the In thing to do. All my classmates did it, and I liked the idea to compete. I first saw the "Southern King", HK's best Lam Kuen player at a performance/demo in kowloon HK in the late 80's, and I just had to do the form. Most of it, came from varius southern styles, so it wasnt to hard to learn. Over the years, the form has changed though. Im not to much into modern wushu anymore, but I still respect the heritage.

so Mell, what style do you play?

11. Melanie

I'm Shotokan Feiloong, in the traditional format I believe but I'm not really sure as I haven't looked anywhere else yet.

I hope to start Ryu Kyu Kobudo in the nearish future although my bank manager may want to have a chat with me about that! I've been told that Kobudo helps explain some of the empty hand techniques - which would be nice.

So where abouts are you based? Are there any other MA you want to do in the future?

Melanie

12. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

Come on Feiloong, we are not that bad! I'd be interested to know - send me a PM if necessary.

13. Feiloong

Feiloong New Member

Mell,
    born in futsan, grew up in kowloon, and now traveling as part of a research team. at the moment im based in a really crappy place, just about 2 - 3 hours ahead in time from where you are. I am living with a good friend, who let me use his computer from time to time. will be leaving for europe in just 2 months. Think ive been told that we will be living in a town called Baths or something (never been to uk). In school i had a girlfriend who came from uk - child of some brittish government people in hk. I like the way you people speak. All sentances end with a quesiton, or so it sounds? :)

I am still a student of my style, so i guess i wont be learning other styles for now. maybe later. Im not big into japanese arts or even tkd for that matter. nothing wrong with it, just that its not really my type of rice bowl.

My plan is, if all works out, to settle somewhere and open a kung fu school. Hopefully in a nice sunny country. I was hoping the USA, but there is to much competition. Many of my siffu's students are now there teaching. Maybe i'll just come to the UK and teach. Any luck, you might become my student someday :cool:

Just kidding, im not always this forward. Guess its this whole secracy thing :)

14. Melanie

Bath is not a million miles from me. When you do come over it would be great to meet up!

Don't worry about being forward - I'm into the mystery of it meself!

Would love to get a similar answer to hongkongfuey aswell, by PM if necessary.

Melanie

15. Feiloong

Feiloong New Member

im not shy about me style, just didnt want to start a little "my master beats your master with the lau gar guys . I know i will win, so :) I studied choy lee fut .

Last edited: Apr 18, 2002
  16. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Hmmmm... interesting. i'm making a talk to wayofthedragon thread right now:D