An analysis of Holly Holm vs. Ronda Rousey...

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Combat Sports, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Both of you either take it to PM or knock it off. Its adding nothing to the thread and the only way this conversation is going is down.

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I don't think either one of 'em's come up for air since your mod post

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Here's a 40min promo vid :p

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-F6DcGUsk"]UFC 193 Embedded: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm - YouTube[/ame]

4. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

Didn't have anything further to say.

5. belltoller

It was a joke :)

6. Combat Sports

So...

Do you guys prefer to eat crow with BBQ sauce? Or breaded and deep fried and maybe dipped in ranch? Tell me Holy, do you still think Ronda is a better striker then Holly Holm?

Sure did...

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
  7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

a perfect gameplan flawlessly executed- well deserved on the night

8. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. We know nothing! I literally don't know what the hell happened.

9. belltoller

I didn't see it. Thought I knew what the outcome would be - why bother? LoL!

10. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Same. Now I wished I'd watched. Somebody was saying that RR of two years ago would have beat HH just purely by better game plan and less arrogance.

11. Combat Sports

And less Edmond...

12. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

This.

I don't follow MMA as closely as many of you do, but even I get the impression Edmond...doesn't have the best track record, shall we say.

I giggled when the fight ended the way it. I would have liked to have seen what would have happened if Rousey's pride hadn't gotten in the way though.

13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

BJJ scout spot on once again -

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L_GoT0cWQ0"]BJJ SCOUT: Ronda Rousey v Holly Holm UFC 193 Preview Breakdown - YouTube[/ame]

14. Hannibal

the weight cut didnt help an all - Ronda looked gassed and sloppy. Her inability to adapt cost her dearly.

Holly executed her gameplan exactly as it should have been. A cliche to suggest it but we had the best HH and the worst RR we have seen - if there is a rematch i foresee a very different fight....with a big change in RR training coming.

However, the things being said about RR now remind me of what happened when GSP lost to Serra...and it certainly wasnt the end of his career

15. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

The Serra example came immediately to my mind. Everything hinges on how she adapts to the experience. Hats off to Jackson, superb gameplan well executed, and probably one only Holly could pull off.

16. Combat Sports

I think there is a major difference between this and GSP vs. Serra. Serra didn't outclass GSP, he caught him. One punch created that outcome. Holly absolutely humiliated Rousey and made her look horrible. I do hope there is a change in training as pitting that idiot Edmond against the resources of Greg Jackson's camp was like a College kid vs. an Elementary school kid in a spelling bee.

17. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Lol

18. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Dude, if I were you, I'd stay the heck away from MAP right now. :p

19. Hannibal

I said it and at the time I meant it! :)

Fighting is never an exact science and on paper there was nothing to suggest otherwise.

Tyson vs Douglas
    GSP vs Serra
    Razor Ramon vs 123 Kid

All on paper were 1,000,000 to 1.....but as Lloyd Christmas said "so you are saying there's a chance...."

20. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Problem with this scenario is that Holmes walked it like it was nothing. I loved when Ronda didn't touch gloves, and had that look of anger/constipation look on her face at start. She was caught with the left 3-4 times at the first round TOLD by her coaches to watch that and she did nothing about it in round two.

And I should add, I 100% agreed with you. About your previous statement, that's why I found it funny.