An analysis of Holly Holm vs. Ronda Rousey...

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Combat Sports, Feb 24, 2015.

1. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Umm where did I call anyone pathetic or say she could beat her purely in a striking match, are you making your own arguments up now because you are bored??

2. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

No, It seems like there are three arguments going on, I realize it was someone else in this thread who called it pathetic. Though I could make the same assertion about Hannibal when he suggested I said that Ronda "must" outbox Holm. Which I never said. Someone else in this thread suggested that Holly Holm's boxing experience is "pathetic". And that Ronda is a better striker. Which is asinine.

EDIT NOTE: It was Holy who said that. And seems to suggest that Holm is not a world class striker. Whether or not she is world class is irrelevant, his suggestion that Rousey is a better striker then Holly Holm is flat out looney tunes.

(Then Holm)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  3. Combat Sports

Incorrect link, this is the fight I was meaning to link. It's not one punch knockout. It's one kick knockout.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bJQIvvU_Bc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bJQIvvU_Bc[/ame]

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Not necessarily.

This V

MMA "striking" and pure boxing are totally separate in my mind, as I've shared in my ever-disappearing posts. Striking incorporates elements of pure boxing but it also incorporates elements of Muay Thai, Kickboxing (Dutch), etc - though Holly certainly has claim to being able to "strike".

I did see the head-high KO kick in the Legacy show - but the problem is here: The level of comp ... wait, whats this? Holm fought Meisha Tate?!? Hmmm...I don't recall...

Anyroad - I take that all back - Holly has had some name, high-level competition after all ( and yes, that was a tasty burger [​IMG] )- I'm surprised that no one brought this Tate video out.

Savage beating she gave Meisha on the ground - though I can't quite put my finger on what Holly is doing right before she starts reigning down elbows on Tates head - locking in her ...mount?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CglIKFpTPMo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CglIKFpTPMo[/ame]

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I can't stand Tate, but I don't for one minute believe a REAL match would go the same way as that video game simulation.

Tate would beat Holm.

I do find it odd that you posted a video game simulation like it was real. I guess I am not getting the joke?

6. icefield

icefield Valued Member

yep one kick knockout way into the second round against a lower standard of fighter who was doing ok against her in the stand up department... still waiting for examples of that scary one punch knockout power she has which is going to stop RR from wanting to get into clinch range

Unless you think RR is going to dance with her for the best part of two rounds allowing her to throw kicks like that??

Since you seem to have a problem with following arguments i will try again, the problem with RR's weightclass is no one has the kind of one punch knockout power which will make her gun shy of entering the clinch, does that mean that there is no one who cant knock someone out in that division with a punch or kick, no this is MMA they wear 4 oz gloves and no shin pads of course the fighters can score knockouts or TKO's :bang:
    Sarah Mcmann has two tko finishes for example, Cat" Zingano 5 only 1 less than HH, but what i am saying is that a fighter who has gone to decision 3 out of her last 4 fights and whose last two TKO finishes came in round 5 and round 2 respectively probably doesnt have said power to keep RR from entering into the clinch....:p

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Might put a fiver on Rousey via KO/TKO.

8. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I stand by all of that. Holm is a bad boxer, a terrible kickboxer and a worse MMA fighter. She has scraped out decision wins against nobodies and would get crushed by most of the women in the top 10. She doesn't deserve to share the octogon with Rousey.

9. Combat Sports

Actually, I don't have a hard time following arguments. The reason for the confusion is Hannibal, yourself, and Holy all responding differently to things I had said as if I was talking to them. You getting to the point you are sounding insulting in your posts. Can you tone it down and stick to the topic instead of these veiled insults?

10. icefield

icefield Valued Member

you were replying to me and responding to things you thought I had said when in fact it was hannibal and Holy, if thats not having a problem following an argument what is?:confused:

Stick to the topic, sure care to explain how someone who has gone the distance in three of her last 4 fights, and whose last tko wins were in the 5th and 2nd round respectively has the kind of one punch knockout power needed to stop RR getting into clinch range?

11. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Posting this here too:

A general Mod warning to EVERYONE! Drop the sniping at each other please. Thank you.

12. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

But that's part of the joke.

Apparently, no one else is either, sigh...

[​IMG]

13. Combat Sports

And Hannibal did the same thing. It's not an uncommon thing on message boards and you just felt the need to be needlessly insulting about it.

14. Combat Sports

That's fine. I stand by my view that I think that is ridiculous.

15. holyheadjch

The cool thing is, we'll get to see who is right, soon enough.

16. Combat Sports

So that we are clear... my issue with what you said is that you are suggesting that Ronda is a better striker then Holly Holm.

I still feel Holly is taking this fight too soon. I will be interested to see what Jacksons's MMA team has in mind for this. Holly hasn't been the same since her neck injury.

17. holyheadjch

I get it. I think Rousey goes out in the first round and outstrikes Holly, gets gifted a take down and then, depending on her mood, taps her out or punches her out. All within 90 seconds.

18. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Pretty much, except over two rounds just because.

19. icefield

icefield Valued Member

How is it insulting to simply point out something that's true? :eek:

20. Combat Sports

When you say "Since you have trouble following conversations..." it's an insinuation that I am stupid. Please don't tell me you are really trying to suggest that was an accident?