All I want is more money money money!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Shrukin89, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

As this being part of the dinner table conversation with my parents, I had to let this bugger out in the open.

So anyway, what I think of money is that it's.. (I can't find a better word for this) but I think it's evil.

Some of the people's love for money, drives everybody crazy.

You wake up have your coffee, you look at your watch, and relize that you're late. So you get in your car and you rush to work as fast as you can, so you don't upset the boss. Or waste any precious time.

All of you guys heard that "time is money". In business time is money. Sure money is important at this time on Earth. But could it go even better if we ran the planet without any kind or type of currency?

I do know that it would be too late to change that. Very few would be able to make that change because we would have to live off of money to pay taxes, debts, loans, mortgages, food, bills, insurance, cars, family, etc.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we got rid of those and live with our settle lives, and to be able to work together, and share? As almost like an ant colony. The world would be a much better place if money didn't appear into this world initially.

If only people weren't born as being lazy, selfish, greedy.

Why can't we live our simple lives, and not having to worry and depend on what we want? We already have of what is needed to live off of, but I think we are getting carried away a little too far with the "wants".

Okay so how does this money go around?

First money is made though the mint. Then it goes off to the markets and businesses. Other businesses buy each others products which people then use that that product that is bought from the business to work with, then the businesses pay for the labour work from the workers. Then taxes and fees are deducted off of the workers pay stubs. Then workers decide to buy what they want from another businesses, which continues the cycle of how money goes around.

To keep businesses going of course there has to be profit. Some of these businesses make more than enough profit that they wouldn't know what to do with it, except for maybe expanding their own business more.

Take oil rig pigs for example or even NHL players.

Some of them think the money that they earn is not enough. Some hockey players that think 10+ grand per game is not enough. (That's why the NHL was cut for the full year, because the team players wanted more money, and the NHL couldn't afford of what they were asking for.) Some of the oil rig pigs that make 60-80+ bucks an hour think it's not enough.

They should be happy that they don't make less than 5 grand a year.

When I was at work one day, during the training session that I had when they trained me to do residential garbage. Everything seemed all nice and fine. Only up until I reached the landfill site. Some of these other garbage truck drivers were furious and very very impatient. I pondered why is that so. I mean they couldn't wait 1 minute for me to unload my garbage load that I had. Apparently I got the middle finger by somebody of when I was waiting for somebody to unload their garbage.

I found that some of these garbage companies pay per the weight, which is why they get so impatient after all they get paid per the weight, maybe some also get paid per an hour as well.

But the more garbage is collected the more money that is earned.

Maybe to make the landfill site a little bit more peaceful where there is less frustration, is to make the landfill site either larger or to make more open spots to empty out the garbage without any waiting time.

Anyway I think it's ridiculous of what's going on.

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Same as it ever was in many respects. The second you took out the abstract of money... there would be some other item by the way of trade or barter that would then essentially become the defacto currency.

Money itself is an inanimate object... it can't be inherently evil. The same way a loaded gun is not inherently evil. It's the motivations and people behind those items that can be construed as evil.

Not sure about the whole oilrig pigs deal. Many of the jobs on a rig are quite dangerous and there are many other factors... the monotony for one. Many rig workers (at least here in the Gulf of Thailand) work several months on and one month off schedules. My mate who was working on one for several years before transferring down to Irian Jaya said that the rig was often a mix of the absolute worst specimens of mankind... total hick from the stick rednecks from the US and scamming and devious Nigerians... but hey who knows maybe my mate is an equal opportunity racist. :D

At any rate he's now quit that and runs a very successful sound studio... where he earns eve more. Go figure.

Shru baby... the best way to not spend your time worrying about cash is to be making it. Get your head around what it takes to be financially independent something most people never do until they're heading into their forties. It's actually not all that hard... it just requires discipline. You want your money to be working for you... not your working for your money. Get your head around it or be like soooo many people out there living paycheck to paycheck with no hope of ever being able to set their own schedules or do or have the nice things in life.

*disclaimer - that was all typed before my morning cup of coffee... so it could be complete bollocks.
    :D

3. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

lol, I'll give it some thought overnight as I'm about to head for bed. Thanks for your opinion slippy. :p

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

I looooove money....simply for the fact that it funds my trips over seas and my climbing.
    Other than that, you can't use it after you die so what ever ;)

5. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

Yeah we should do away with all money and go back to being subsistence farmers. That's a much easier lifestyle :rolleyes:

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

:cool:

Attached Files:

7. medi

winnah

8. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

"Winnah"
    Reminds me of the baddie in Wolf Creek after he shots out the chicks tyres, causing her car to crash ;)

9. medi

This has to be the most naive point of view I've ever heard.

It's not money's fault that people have to struggle to survive. Everyone has to eat and drink, people need power sources and shelter to stay warm and all the rest... the monetary system provides a convenient way of measuring the worth of a given bit of labour so people can trade skills they have for ones they don't.

i.e. in simply terms a doctor trades his medical expertise for food and shelter.... so the people who grow food and build houses don't also have to train to be doctors, and the people who are doctors don't also have to own a farm and build their own house.

Likewise, the people who collect the garbage don't have to build their own trucks to do it, and the people who build the trucks don't have to collect their own garbage.

If we were all to simply 'share' - how would we measure the worth of the labour? Being a doctor takes years of training... would anyone bother with that when they could simply make their job "pushing paperclips around" and thereby justify their 'share' from everyone else?

If you're wondering why people who aren't paid by the hour were getting moody at the dumping site... imagine instead that we were all subsistence farmers, and come harvest time you went around to that guy's farm and started getting in his way and tripping him up when he was trying to collect food for his family.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  10. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Communism comes to mind here. It's a nice concept. It even worked to a while in one or two member states of the USSR. But in the end it's a system that is just as open to corruption as capitalism.

As other people have said, money isn't the problem. It's the people who use it.

11. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

Neither money nor the people who use it are the problem. It's the people who steal it by force that are the problem.

12. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

That makes absolutely no sense. If when you steal the money you don't use it what are you stealing it for?

13. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

14. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I'm just curious but what makes you a fan of the Austrian school after the failures of the Washington consensus?

15. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Of course. But we could help each other with the specific skills that we possess, to do the task that is needed to be done. I understand that on some cases that you need more than one carpenter to let's say build a house than to teach a class with full of kids with one teacher. It does take a lot less work to do that. But you gotta enjoy what you would like to do.

One thing that might be easier is to implant a microchip into our heads with everything that you need to know. It would get rid of the time to process information that you learn without any frustrations you would have it right there. But then again there would be no challenge and it would be flat out boring.

It's not really the same thing but okay. The area that I had to dump was on a relatively small area, the people have to learn of how to wait. It's not in the matter of getting in the way. It's the amount of patience that one can take. In the landfill site you "have to dump there." You can't dump anywhere else but there.

In the farmer's field you make that choice whether if you want to get in his way on purpose. In the landfill site you get in everyone's way regardless. They just need to make more space up there.

You're right on that, needless to say that everybody is different, experience wise. The worth of labour though is a bit messed up on some jobs. You would expect that the hardest workers should get the most value on what they are doing. But it can be the opposite. The people who are the managers get paid the most and some of them barely do a thing only except for checking up on his/her employees once in a while fill out some forms, do paperwork, etc. But the physical labour is the killer.

Robots will soon replace those hard tasks someday that people have dreaded over. :p

16. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Get a job, earn some money. Gain enough experience to become a manager, then winge about managment ;)

17. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

I'm already a casual labourer working through the city and making money. Jobs up north from here pay a whole lot more. As welder in Clearwater, one of my buds is making 95 bucks an hour (not including over time) with having his vehicle on site, and everything is paid for him, his food, rent, etc. The kind of money that he makes within a month beats the kind of money that I get in a year. It is tempting, but I'm not so much looking into learning and getting the education in that particular job. I already have my goal set and I'm not even wanting to mess it up.

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I love it when I hear these "money is evil" arguements.

Try living with the bare ass minimum (and I mean exactly that, state benefits/mimimum wage).

You'll soon see why people crave money. It makes living a hell of a lot easier.

19. medi

Glad you could come up with a more realistic solution

20. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Try living with none. :p There are people living off the grid. I was thinking of doing the same. Eatting wild vegetation, animals etc for meat, and build a large upside down plastic or metal pyramid, (to collect water) from the morning dew and/or from rain.

And to make either your own or buy a wind power generator.

You can do other hobbies and such. You'll be always busy and active and not bored. And you won't really have to crave any money except for supplies and for land but I'm building up on that.

It would indeed put no emitions out there, except for a hybrid car or w/e.