Ali's 70th Birthday

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Brixtonbodunwel, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Brixtonbodunwel

Brixtonbodunwel Valued Member

Happy Birthday!!! You brought skill, flair and pernash to the noble Art. You had the speed of a flyweight with a punch of a heavy weight.
    To all Ali followers what was Ali's greatest moment? For me it was getting up after Our Henry Cooper caught him with that left angled hook. Ali remarked that 'cooper hit me so hard my ancestors in Africa felt it'.

http://youtu.be/PgPiyMpeEQY

And here is the great moment!!!

Two great skillful boxers and gentlemen.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

There is definately something about Ali, something behind the eyes.

Such charisma. His appearance at the Olympics when he carried the torch was a real touching moment.

Happy birthday sir.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJthoRL-0Uw"]Muhammad Ali torch 1996 Atlanta Olympic games - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Happy birthday to "The Greatest"!

4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

ESPN dedicated several hours to Classic Boxing today which featured a ton of Ali matchups. The beating he gave Floyd Patterson in their first meeting is still tough to watch. Ali was a master of the draw, jab, and working the angles.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I still love the whole "What's my name?" against Tyrell!

6. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

I am a relatively new fan of Ali as I am relatively new fan of boxing as well.
    I became a fan and started training in it after I signed up here.
    So I have seen only a few fights of Ali, Frazier, Forman and Liston. This thread just opened up and I have 3 "new" matches now to search for..That's great!!:D

Ali was a certainly incredible boxer, but what really amazed me about him was his his even more incredibly confident attitude.
    It makes me really wonder whether Ali ever doubted himself or allowed himself to have such thoughts.