AKKS (Jeff Speakman's Kenpo Karate)

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by MarcoPolo, Sep 19, 2005.

1. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo New Member

All,

A school just recently opened (or I just recently noticed) a Jeff Speakman's Kenpo Karate near my house. Is anyone here familiar with AKKS? Their curriculum? Would you see this is as something worthwhile, or is it a franchise-type school to be avoided?

Just looking for recommendations! Thanks!

2. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Well, I would say it is a safe bet that they are true-blue to American Kenpo and you will get teh "mainstream" of that style there. Mr. Speakman maintains the image of loyalty to Ed Parker and so he would not deviate from the curriculum.

I know Speakman gets a lot of crap from other kenpo "seniors" as a late-comer and movie star, and perhaps he has earned some of that animosity... but I've never heard any negativity about his schools or their quality.

-D

3. lonekimono10

lonekimono10 New Member

Mr Speakman is a very good of mine, and if you had to pick a school to go to it would be his, i have been on the floor with him and (like dave said) his kenpo is
    true to Mr Parker,so go on jump in and have a great time, and if you see Jeff , tell him i said hello, let me know how your training goes

4. hunnysan

hunnysan Valued Member

I agree...as an American Kenpoist..I have not heard anything bad about his school and his teaching...so u should check it out..