Aikido woman felt discriminated against

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Blade96, Jan 15, 2014.

1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

If you making sure he's not going to accidentally touch a women, thats what you would do, put the guy in the corner at the start and end, and then during keiko, whilst people are swapping, just swap with the blokes, away from the women.

3. holyheadjch

I know a few Christians whose head would explode at the notion that the King James Bible isn't the unaltered infallible word of God.

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Sorry, I am going to have to disagree on that one. At least here in America, there are plenty of fundamentalist Christians who consider the bible the word of God in a very literal way. And they won't be any more open to discussion.

5. holyheadjch

No, if I wanted someone to give me a breakdown of the extremist side of the Islamic faith, I'd just watch Fox News.

6. holyheadjch

In the link I posted above yet more students deny any form of segregation (apart from the obvious (since i know you'll bring that up again))

7. Dead_pool

''Due to his beliefs, the Muslim man sparred with men only, he said''

Great just in the sparring then! - Just goes to show you that articles are often not that accurate.

If you read between the lines, the muslim man was separated from the women, this may of miffed her a bit, then he handed out articles that directly insulting to her, and against dojo rules. And she left and went public, It seems to me that the instructor handled this badly, and that the club is now on damage limitation.

But then again they could of just given her a tap with the shinai and tell her she's been a bad girl.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

But that is personal view - and nonsensical since a lot of the books are "letters" written by men anyway - and is not written directly into the doctrine of the religion....in fact the best you can claim is "divinely inspired".

The Koran is an ABSOLUTE word of Allah document according the CORE TENETS of the faith...It's completely unequivocal.

So yes I am absolutely right in saying there is NO room for interpretation in the Koran's providence whereas the bible is compiled (despite what a few fringe nutbars think)

9. Dead_pool

You say extremist, but the points raised in the handed out article are quite common in the west among the Muslim communities, Ive worked with Two Muslim girls who've both had forced arranged marriages, both of which are/were scared of the husbands and both have given up work in order to please their husbands.

10. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Except most Christians have the privilege of claiming that Jesus absolved them from most of the nasty old laws they would otherwise have to follow - save for
    the ones they find appropriate to believe in.

11. holyheadjch

There's no lines to read between. How many students needs to say explicitly 'no segregation' and 'the classes weren't split on gender lines' before you get the point?

She waited 18 months. This was a calculated effort to cause damage to her old school. I really hope they go after her for defamation, because this has done major damage to that instructor's reputation. Let her prove her claims in court.

Does this mean you've ran out of sensible things to say?

12. Dead_pool

But they were wernt they, the Muslim man, didnt train with any of the women, the women and the Muslim(s) were segregated.

Its not semantics, its basic English comprehension.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  13. Dead_pool

Not amongst the Muslim community it hasn't, or are you saying what they think doesn't matter? so your agreeing with me when I say universal equality is more important then religious rights.

14. holyheadjch

No, it's you desperately trying to change the meaning of the original claims in order to avoid admitting that the early judgments might have been wrong. It's impressive rhetorical gymnastics, really.

It is true that this one muslim student did not partner with female students. This has never been in question, so give it a rest already. If you want to call that segregation. FINE! But when I say segregation, that is not what I'm referring to - I'm referring to her original claims that the class was split in two.

15. holyheadjch

Wow. Are you drunk? Serious question.

16. Dead_pool

Then well shall just agree that I win then, thank you! ;)

And in the interest of balance -

Looks like Sonja Power's husband and family, may not been very PC -

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1180530-online-posts-intended-for-radical-islam

''She also said a cross with the saying Never Surrender tattooed on the back of her husband’s bald head, visible in his profile photo, meant to never give up freedoms.

“It’s called a beacon of help. That’s what the cross is to represent.”''

''Her father’s Facebook postings include a reposting of a Koran burning and a picture of minarets on fire.''

17. holyheadjch

This stuff started to come out yesterday, but I didn't want to go after the islamophobic thing because it's inconclusive and largely irrelevant to the larger discussion.

Hopefully this information gets distributed as widely as the original claims, so people can make their own minds up about the credibility of the allegations.

18. Dead_pool

No no, just the standard 'impressive rhetorical gymnastics''

;)

19. Dead_pool

1) Very true
    2) I hope people dont always judge a woman or a man on what there family belive in.

20. holyheadjch

To go from what I said to that conclusion really was something. 10.0 with a technical difficulty of 4.5.