"Aikido North East" and "Dynamic Aikido Nocquet"?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Anth, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Any chance of posting a copy of it here or giving a list of contents?

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Basic things that I'm supposed to know before you get your white belt (you're a red belt to start with, presumably so that everyone notices you to laugh at the n00b):

Ikkyo - irimi ai hanmi katate tori
    Ikkyo - irimi shomen uchi
    Taisabaki
    Ikkyo - tenkan ai hanmi katate tori
    Ikkyo - tenkan shomen uchi
    Ushiro Ukemi
    Irimi nage ai hanme katate tori
    Irimi nage shomen uchi
    Shiho nage - irimi ai hanmi katate tori
    Shiho nage - tenkan ai hanmi katate tori
    Nikyo katate tori
    Mae ukemi

There's a few terms in the book but at the moment they're still just "terms". Once I've done everything a few dozen times they'll stick in my head a bit better.

It was strangely refreshing being back at the bottom of the pecking order :)

3. Thanks - does it list them or give any other info?

Does it give any basic info about aikido or the club?

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Aye, got the usual stuff like the etiquette and United Kingdom Aikido Union in. The above techniques get "signed off" once the instructor is happy that you're competent with them as they're just the "introductory techniques".

5. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I just found my old one, it's all signed up but back in 2002 :eek:

6. charliegolf

charliegolf New Member

I've been with the club for about a year and a half training in Northumberland, it's a great club, well organised with good people serious about Aikido. If you decide to stick with them you wont regret it :)

7. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Hows the aikido going Anth?

8. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

McDojo isn't what springs to mind here. It looks like decent hard training.

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Going well enough for me. Still 6th kyu but I've finally sussed forward rolling after 7 months (I had a "eureka moment" on Thursday when I stopped thinking about rolling and just did it). I've been training with the higher grades so I'm progressing well enough. 3 day course over Easter (I'm being called a traitor because there's also a karate competition that weekend :p) where I'll get a chance to grade as well as doing some higher grade techniques and weapons work. Now I've passed my driving test and have a car I can train more than once a week too :)

If anyone in the north east sees a poster, get yourself along.

Oh, and I should be able to get to any seminars sakumeikan hosts now too :)

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Well, 2009-10 I took up aikido. Tonight I had my "second first session", nearly seven years after work got in the way. Same organisation and all and surprisingly (or not, given my memory) I still remember everything. Technique is rusty, rolling as bad as ever (but improvement almost straight away), and a really good session working on the basics.

Glad to be back, even if my body won't be happy in the morning.

11. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Good to see you back on the tatami

Anth likes this.