agoga.com?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kenpo_Iz_Active, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Kenpo_Iz_Active

Kenpo_Iz_Active Greek Warrior-not 300

Hey,
    I went on this morning on my computer and my little brother restored my computer (to default settings), and i saw that my homepage was on agoga.com. I tried to change it like a thousand times, but nothing.

Any suggestions?

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Sounds like you've got a nice little spyware infection
    Get Spybot-Search & Destroy, update it, run it and repeat after me: I will not visit dodgy sites which feature t3h pr0n :D

3. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Spybot's money, so is Spy Doctor

I use both and if one doesn't get it, the other always does.

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Another great one - that is also free for personal use is:

Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad-aware_se_personal.php

Get the SE version that is free. On their site or download.com
    You can set it to automatically download updates so that you run your virus/malware checks with all the latest definitions. It often catches what others don't.

and...

blaming your little bro for your pr0n habit is... well.... pathetic. :p

5. Kenpo_Iz_Active

I downloaded Ad-Aware SE, scanned my pc, but still the same problem.

6. Wali

Wali Valued Member

These type of Malware norally add files to the Root of your System drive. Have a look there and identify any files which shouldn't be there. These are normally .EXE files.

There is also a nifty little utility called 'Malwhere', which idetifies running processes and the likelyhodd of them being malicious.

And remember, any files you delete, etc... make sure they aren't required system files.

Hope this helps.

7. AdamR

AdamR Kwan Soo

agoga are basically domain/typo squatters. They recently bought up almost all of the Cameroon domain space (.cm) as they could, and redirect those to their site.

Check your homepage link in the browser settings, chances are you have a typo ending in .cm

8. Kenpo_Iz_Active

well, i think i found out what the culprit was. i installed Zone Alarm, and once i took it off, it was normal. And, no, i didn't have any errors for the domain.
    Thnx anyways.