african martial arts

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Longshanks31, Jun 14, 2007.

1. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Huh?

Both of your posts thus far in this thread have been utterly incomprehensible to me. Would you mind explaining what you mean, so that a conversation may ensue?

paz,

dormindo

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Agreed. They're just random.

3. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

jesus, don't you have anything better to do? Or is this how you amuse yourself in your playtime at the centre for 'special people'?

:ban:

4. SiAiS

SiAiS Moved on

At the moment, not really

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

SiAiS why not actually try to contribute something interesting to a thread rather than just posting random nonsensical non sequiters. :rolleyes:

6. SiAiS

SiAiS Moved on

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Why do I get the sense that being an asset to this community isn't high on your list of priorities?

8. SiAiS

SiAiS Moved on

You are joking, right?

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Nope. I'm very unclear on what you're attempting to add to this discussion.

10. dormindo

That's about as much as you've added to this :rolleyes: , so, moving right along.

To the original poster, you may want to check out the site of Edward Powe, at blacfoundation.org . To be honest, I've only skimmed it myself and will do better at touring the site when I finish up all the assignments I'm avoiding by even typing this response, but this man has supposedly been researching African and African diasporic arts for decades.

paz,

dormindo

11. Longshanks31

Longshanks31 New Member

slipthejab

awsome answer thanks.
    you guys are like encyclopedias, virtual beers all round cheers

12. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I had the good fortune to attend a seminar on Yoruba wrestling given by an Ifa priest. The goal was basically to take your opponent off their feet. At the end we all paired off and went at it in a free for all type thing/last man standing type of thing. It was lots of fun.

13. dormindo

Ular, I'm originally from Detroit and will be back up there to visit this fall. Was this wrestler/priest based there? Any info will be appreciated.

obrigado,

dormindo

14. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

No, he was in town visiting. His name was Awo Fa'Lokun Fatunmbi. He has written books on Ifa that you could probably find on Amazon if that's what you're interested in.

15. dormindo

Thanks for the response. Actually, I'm interested in the MA he was teaching. Ah, well.

paz,

dormindo