Advice for the Spinning Back and Spinning Hook Kick

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Slihn, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slihn

Slihn New Member

Hello all;I am in need about some advice on defend and/or countering with spinning back and the high spinning hook kick.I often have to spar against a Thai Boxer would uses those two kicks very frequelty and when he throws them they are at full power.Every time he throws the spinning back kick,I block it iwth my knee but it sends me flying to the other side of the gym;when we throws the spinning hook kick it almost always connects(unless I am close enough to jam it),I dont want to risk weaving back because if I mistake that hook kick for the back kick it will connect to my midsection.Any Advice?

2. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

Move into his comfort zone, if he is kicking with his right spinning back kick - just step forward to your left, into his safety zone.

3. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

Move.
    Simple but effective. When he spins move inside his circle of strike in the same direction the kick is going, and keep moving till the kick rouns out of steam.
    Keep a high 3 point guard. If you get close enough then cut kick the other leg, he'lkl drop like a sack of spuds.

NOTE: Cross posting is frowned upon by everyone. You should delete one of these threads.

4. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Yes, that is correct. I'm closing this thread -- here is a link for the other one, for anyone who wishes to reply:

Reply Here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.