Advice for the Spinning Back and Spinning Hook Kick

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Slihn, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slihn

Slihn New Member

Hello all;I am in need about some advice on defend and/or countering with spinning back and the high spinning hook kick.I often have to spar against a Thai Boxer would uses those two kicks very frequelty and when he throws them they are at full power.Every time he throws the spinning back kick,I block it iwth my knee but it sends me flying to the other side of the gym;when we throws the spinning hook kick it almost always connects(unless I am close enough to jam it),I dont want to risk weaving back because if I mistake that hook kick for the back kick it will connect to my midsection.Any Advice?

2. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

double posting is not allowed mate, it breaks up answers other members give

3. James Kovacich

James Kovacich RENEGADE

Jamming is the best and works for both techniques. Kicks are getting in on you because you give him the distance he needs. Get in tighter and when he moves follow him. He'll try to make room to kick. If he steps right, you step left etc etc. If he is a superior fighter he will still get in.

Watch how he moves right before he kicks. The hands will beat the legs and fighting smart works.

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Please don't cross post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.