Advanced Xingyiquan

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by blackmantis, Aug 23, 2006.

1. blackmantis

blackmantis Valued Member

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what transforming "obvious power" ("ming jin") to "hidden power" ("an jin") and finally to "neutralizing power" ("hua jin") actually involves.

If any of you have achieved either "ming jin" or "hua jin", or at least know the theory/methods involved, I would be very interested in your thoughts.

Thank you,

S

2. middleway

middleway Valued Member

hey blackmantis,

Honestly i dont think that it is posible to discribe these stages adiquatley unless your at them.... and even then it may be hard to convey.

Myself i would consider in the Ming Jin stage of development at best ...

but from a theoretical point of view ...

Ming Jin refers to connection of structure, use of whole body power, understanding of forces and directions, subtle body skills etc etc. It is very refined unto itself ... not just where everryone is when they start. Using almost unseeable distances to create large power can appear quite 'hidden' or strange at times but is still rooted in the Ming Jin Stage.

Ang Jing Is the transformation from this stage to the advanced nei gong and energetics practices. The use of organ powers etc etc ... as i understand it ... which i dont ...

Huan Jin is the 'mystical' or 'mysterious' skill stage. and is rooted in the advanced use of 'mind'.... as i understand it ... which i dont!! ha ha ha

I have never encountered anyone with Huan Jin development (or if i have i didnt experience its use). I have met maybe 3 with Ang Jin (and felt its use) and a small few with Ming jin.

Cheers
    Chris