Adrenal Rush At Will?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Psychi, Jan 15, 2009.

1. ilsu333

ilsu333 New Member

Edit:i click'd on "post reply" twice by mistake,sry

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. eltgire

eltgire New Member

I just want to say thank you to you all for a fantastic read. This could very easily have been a classic Seinfeld episode... I propose that Psychi be henceforth known as "Cosmo"!

3. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Master, teach me...

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

um..... i need to wipe.

5. URBAN_ONI

URBAN_ONI Valued Member

Hahaha, gold.

I reacon your not ''self hypnotising'' or ''focusing your energy'', your mearly holding your body under stress, your body releases a small amount of adrenalin to cope with the stress, and with your disorder your body must be releasing adrenalin more frequently to help with the anxiety, and then combine that with tensing your body for over five minutes and a little mind hype and presto. Your body is under a strong combined state of tention, stress, and anxiety with a touch of adrenalin, its not a special technique. If you held your body tense for over five minutes your gonna shake, bloods gonna flow, veins will get bigger.

I have no doubt that some people may be able to voluntarily induce the release of adrenalin, wouldnt mind havin a crack myself, but it cant be good for ya, adrenalin only kicks in at certain times for a reason. Plus, and i know from experience, the adrenalin dump only lasts a few seconds not minutes.

6. progdan

progdan Valued Member

I agree with whoever mentioned the visualizing though, I find if I visualize a really extreme situation arising, for instance some terrorists trying to take over the bus or plane which I'm on, and visualize how I would (in theory) try to deal with the situation, as potentially the only one on there with any training, and there not being any help or reinforcements available. Hopefully a situation which wouldn't ever be real, but going over it in mind will often get the adrenaline pumping. But just flicking on, "ADRENALINE, I CHOOSE YOU!!!1!' and thinking its real and is gonna help matters, seems a little silly... :p

7. ilsu333

ilsu333 New Member

Lol adrenaline is not a pokemon :) so it eon't work like "pikachu i chose you!!!" adrenaline is a substance in your body that is suposed to protect you :) not an ability or whatever...You can use it as an "super power" but trust me it wont sound just silly :)))

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

LOL

Well played sir! Very funny. :)

9. progdan

progdan Valued Member

10. URBAN_ONI

URBAN_ONI Valued Member

Lol i dont wanna speak on progdan's behalf but im sure he knows that he was just makeing a point

11. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Indeed, thanks for clearing that up my good man... :D :p

12. URBAN_ONI

URBAN_ONI Valued Member

Lol no probs dude:)

13. darkunkle

darkunkle Valued Member

alright your adrenalin gland can be triggered at will, but only if you have something which you perceive as life threatening in the forefront of your mind. by the way most of these posts are taking the **** out you. i have tried to trigger this state and release adrenalin, i must agree with the post that flooding your body with stress hormones would not be beneficial in the long run. i think that maybe the short terms would be increase in muscle mass and stamina, but realistically mate you are putting stress on your body just for the sheer fun of having an adrenalin rush, the tremors and passing are signs that it is doing your body damage. despite if your doctors say it is ok to practice the technique i wouldn't like to be your heart in 15 or 20 years, that mush stress on it will probably cause you to have a heart attack the moment when your adrenalin is triggered by the situation you are in, not by triggering it yourself, it floods the body, FLOODS, it may be a good feeling i think no offense meant, but your ocd is driving you to pursue this because you are getting a feeling of elation. its just like a drug addict chasing the high, and you know what they say what goes up must come down.