absurd requirements from masters

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MMAWARRIOR20, Oct 3, 2006.

1. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

From a Buddhist perspective, you could say you felt so compassionate at your opponent's lack of skill, that you bashed your own head into the mat to render yourself unconscious.

2. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

From that table someone posted I have a GPA of exactly 3... I'd probably get higher if I went back and re-did all those exams, nevermind. It isn't really that hard to get... I could have gotten much much higher with a bit of work... I just wasn't bothered revising hahah

But really, to the OP, so your guy asks for an intelligence requirement, deal with it. If you are too lazy/thick or whatever to fulfill it tough luck (not that hard anyhow).

3. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

Yes! That's exactly what happened!

4. shuyun3

shuyun3 Shugyosha

Anymore?

So other than academic requirements? What other requirements do we consider absurd? I mean for real.

Are there teachers for example that will discriminate against a certain student regarding so as not to teach that student?

Any ideas?

There's one mcdojo of a self defense class I've seen featured on TV where they are supposed to be into women's self-defense (anti rape).

The thesis is that "martial arts don't work on the street, do what you can to survive."

So these instructors (all guys) "take the fight to the floor" heavilly armored and masked and then proceed to "Sim rape" the participant. (Trash talk, and mounting the participant). All that without a single technique being taught.

The particpants end up traumatized with a severe feeling of having been violated. When confronted the instructors simply reply that that's how it will be in the street.

TRUST ME AND FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS. I think that's an absurd requirement. I think teachers should be transparent with their methods to a point where the students can actually place their trust on the teacher and be assured that there's no hokey-pokey going on.

That's just me.