Absolute BARGAIN muscle building/strength info

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ad McG, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

http://www.musclegainingsecrets.com/

Wow. I have been waiting a while for this book to come out but the bonus material that you get with this is incredible. For just over 20 quid you get a HELL of a lot of stuff. I know the website is the cheesy template design but the material truly is quality. If you are at all interested in training in general then you have to pick this up.

Offer ends Friday. Let me know what you think.

2. Ad McG

NOBODY else thinks this is a bargain? 20 quid for a huge amount of good information!

3. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I'm still deciding between this and lift strong :(

4. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

TBH, the only reason I'm taking it even half seriously is because you've recommended it. Under any other circumstances, the website itself would have caused me to think "Scam alert!" and close the browser. The guy's really not doing himself any favours with that layout! :Angel:

However, at my present stage, I'm well aware that the one thing I need to do more than anything else is stop analysing and just lift. If I'd hit a plateau or was looking for new inspiration I'd be tempted, but right now I'm still chugging along making decent progress.

5. Gary

I actually know exactly which money-making guru suggests this layout, which makes it painful to read as you pick through seeing each technique used. Berardi uses a lot of the same stuff, I have a slight suspicion that the book is passed around the tnation office everytime someone has a new product. Sadly it doesn't reflect the quality of the content, especially since so many scammers use the same layout/techniques.

6. Ad McG

Get this, you get loads more for your money than lift strong.

I hate this layout but it sells to the idiots and the people in the know will get referred there anyway. Ferrugia is a quality coach, he's got a few articles on t-nation now.

7. Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy Valued Member

“You WILL build a muscular physique by using this system while training less than three hours per week in six months or less.”

I'm no body building expert by all means, but let me just say.....Scam!

8. Freyr

Freyr Valued Member

The website is a vomit inducing disaster, but probably the only way to keep pace with all the other junk out there at the moment.

It does look interesting, and your recommendation alone serves to significantly counteract the appearance thanks to your impressive contributions on the forum here.

I might just be tempted enough to check it out, much appreciated :)

9. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I might be interested in it - how does it rate for those of us who are not interested in massively bulking up but more interested in gaining strength, and as a general interest text? I was about to buy 'Starting Strength' but if this offer is worth it I might get this instead.

10. Ad McG

I can easily recognise a scam in this field. This is definitely not a scam. In 6 months you should be able to put on a significant amount of weight, especially as a beginner. The 3 hours is just training time, the most important thing is eating time :)

I nearly bought starting strength a while back, it seems really good.

The main text is more on gaining weight as well as strength, but the supplementary stuff that comes with it easily makes it all worth it. I haven't read it all properly yet but I'm going to chow down some more later on. The offer of the supplementary information actually ends tomorrow, so get it while it's hot!

11. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

That is a boat-load of stuff for the asking price - well worth it I'd say when you consider that a tub of protein is probably twice the price!

@coma: buy lift strong already - it's for charity for craps sake! :D

12. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Honestly, are you talking about the Liftstrong CD that Alwyn put out as a fundraiser for cancer research?

If you gotta think that long about it... its a fundraiser for cancer research. Surely you have $25 somewhere. Hell I bought a couple.

Seriously, get both. One for the cause, the other for the info provided. Or... just get Liftstrong, support cancer research and get a decent bit of reading, and then filter through T-Nation.

There is nothing ground breaking out there, its just a bunch of different methods that work. We know what lifting works for what goals, what supplements work and which ones don't, and what to eat to gain or lose mass.

I'm sure Ferrugia knows his stuff but how much of that package hasn't been articled on T-Nation by him, or by others in similar words?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2007
  13. Gary

Actually I'm unemployed at the moment, so money's a bit tight. I'll probably just wait until I've got money coming in and get them both.

14. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

There's really no right or wrong answer on this, since reading a coach's views about training will always be beneficial in one way or another...but...

If you were already ripped, would you buy a book of fat loss programs just because your goal was to improve your anaerobic endurance? Not likely. That's a textbook case of Square Peg-Round Hole. You may find more direct benefit from reading something like Dan John's From The Ground Up, or Bud Jeffries' Strength & Endurance for Martial Artists.

The deal Ferruggia's offering is simply redonkulous though, and like Redsand said, the bonuses alone make it very hard to not pickup. I mean, one of the bonuses is a three-month membership to Turbulence Training site and Ballantyne has some phenomenal fat loss info there. I'll be picking this whole deal up tomorrow, and I'll update here once I can digest some of the info.

You can almost certainly find Starting Strength at the library. So from that aspect, Ferruggia's offer would be a "smarter" buy, if you decided to get it.

15. Ad McG

Contents page of the main book:

Chapter 1- Introduction……………………………………………………...5
    Chapter 2- The Everlasting Bond…………………………………………....8
    Chapter 3- The Importance of Strength…………………………...………..14
    Chapter 4- The Training Effect……………………………………….……17
    Chapter 5- Sets, Reps & Training Volume………………………………...19
    Chapter 6- Exercise Selection……………………………………………...27
    Chapter 7- Rep Speed………………………………………………………39
    Chapter 8- Rest Intervals………………………………………………...…43
    Chapter 9- Training Splits & Frequency…………………………………...51
    Chapter 10- Training Session Length……………………………………....59
    Chapter 11- Periodization……………………………………..……………63
    Chapter 12- Training to Failure…………………………………...………..70
    Chapter 13- Strength & Mass Building Techniques…………………...…..74
    Chapter 14- Warming Up…………………………………………….…….78
    Chapter 15- Recovery & Regeneration…………………………………….84
    Chapter 16- Training Partners………………………………………..…….89
    Chapter 17- Training Music…………………………………………..……93
    Chapter 18- Questions & Answers………………………………..…..……97
    Chapter 19- Conclusion……………………………………………..…….118
    About the Author………………………………...…………………….… 121

There's plenty of detail in there too. A lot I already knew about but you can't beat having all this stuff together. There are ALWAYS things you don't know in books like this.

Last day for the bonus material - if you're going to get it, get it today!

I should be on commission :(

16. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

I finally had some time to get through the first half of the main book. Interesting stuff, definitely. He's got a great casual voice, not too science-y or overly technical.

So far, he seems to prefer no more than 2 sets per exercise, several exercises per bodypart, with 5-8 reps being an "ideal" range for increasing strength and size simultaneously. I don't have the book in front of me at the moment, but I believe he also suggests avoiding failure, and using a "controlled eccentric with an explosive concentric" speed on every rep.

Exercise selection isn't alot of new info: compound free weights being best for size and strength. He does (refreshingly) include power cleans and clean and presses as a staple of most routines. Not the "normal" fare for hypertrophy, but I definitely agree that they can be tremendous mass builders.

3 training days per week, alternating upper body and lower body with a full day of rest after each training day, seems to be the average recommendation.

I still need to finish the main book, and most of the bonus material. I breezed through the "Quick Meals For Mass" book, several recipes using variations of chicken and/or beef with pasta sauce. Yummo. :rolleyes:

"The Exercise Bible" is a great resource to have. Descriptions and several photos of all the basic exercises, plus a few non-standard ones; hammer-grip face pulls and swiss ball neck stabilizations for example.

All in all, this is probably one of the most information-packed packages I've seen offered. It seems as though the entire deal is still available for $39.95, so I'd definitely suggest picking it up if you haven't yet.