About to go to my first session!

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by GojuKJoe, Feb 12, 2011.

1. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

Ok, so after about five years of doing no training at all, I've decided to take the plunge and get back into MA with some BJJ. I'm about to leave for the first one, so let's see how this goes!

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Good to hear when anyone goes back to training after a layoff.

Have a great session and keep us posted.

3. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Just had my first class on thursday at the griphouse in glasgow, loved it. Was practising an armbar, with a bit of defence to it aswell. I was working with a guy who was good to roll with, understood it was my first class etc, was shattered after it! cant wait to go back!

4. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

Well, that was really good! It felt great to be doing something again, but also really weird to be using my body in ways it hasn't been used in years. I'm looking forward to the next session now.

5. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Excellent, hope you enjoy it :)

6. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

I'm 5 sessions in now and loving it already. I'm getting creamed every session, but I'm taking that as a good thing and trying to improve within myself every session. I've found that I'm already starting to feel a bit less awkward and freaked out when rolling and it's helped me make a few small steps forward. It feels really rewarding to feel myself making progress (however small) already and I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth into this properly. I love that there's so much to it and it's just plain fun!

7. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

I started with the Jitz and enjoyed it, but sadly the club moved to a flasher location and prices went from $5 a lesson to $10, which sadly I cannot afford as a student. Doing Judo now instead and it seems like it could be a good fit for me anyway.

8. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Willsy, remember to come and say Hi in the Judo forum then :)

9. Devildog2930

Devildog2930 Teneo vestri ego.

I have also decided to take up bjj after a 3 year lay off from ma. Had my first class tonight, threw up twice, got submitted more times than I could count but did manage to pull off a sweet armbar on a white belt who has been training for 6 months. Can't wait for my next class now :)

10. stephacts238

stephacts238 Valued Member

bjj got me hooked on martial arts. I am glad your liking it :)