About The Existence of Ninjitsu

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by BruceForever, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceForever

BruceForever New Member

Hi EVERYONE:)

I am new to this web page, but I've already found alot of interesting thingy. Now I have some questions on Ninjitsu
    What's Ninjitsu exactly teaching ppl? All I heard about Ninja is that they were actually Samurai during the day, but when they were sent to assassin someone, these ancient Japanese warriors would put on black outfits and hid their faces to make themselves some sorta invisible, and ppl then called them Ninja/Shinobi.
    So if this is real, Ninja did have no big difference from other martial artists at that time. The so called 'Ninja' were actually some sorta...states instead of being a certain style of martial arts. Those we saw from American and Japanese cartoons simply served as entertainment, you know ...Ninja turtle and Power Rangers balabla..
    Well that's just what I heard, still uncertain about this Ninja thing.
    Happy New Year!~

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Uh oh.

*Gets popcorn

3. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

You're suicidal, aren't you Brucey?

4. BruceForever

BruceForever New Member

ha

Suicidal? Ha! What makes you think that ?

You said you had come across some 'Kung Fu' thing aight? Nice, be honest, I have been studying Karate since 12, now up to black belt 2nd dan, y not you and me sit down and an have a cup of tea before we show each other what we got?! A friendly one~

Happy New Year with your Kung Fu friends maniac!~

Screenname: Ultrvioltx

5. YODA

Ermmmm..... Okaaaay.

Bartender! Bring me a what BruceForever is drinking!

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Right then. Firstly, have you ever actually studied any form of kung fu for any decent length of time? I'll let your 'challenge' slide for now.

As to the suicidal comment, you seem to be going out of your way to make posts that are offensive to people who study kung fu. Firstly you call kung fu a failure in another thread, then you call me a maniac for associating with them.

Not only that, its quite evident that you don't know much about the history of any of the arts, and can't even really spot the styles on television.

The Power Rangers never studied or demonstrated Kung Fu, they were karate students. But that's irrelevant.

Someone else will have to give you the full history of ninjitsu, which I seem to remember is more a collection of different styles than a single one, although the seperate styles make up ninjitsu. But I can certainly tell you that the ninja were not simply samurai.

7. BruceForever

BruceForever New Member

Ha again

First of all, i never said Power Rangers studied Kung Fu! You gotta read my entry more closely, or you might have difficulty understanding what you are reading. OOops...i am not insulting you, just...worrying your IQ
    second, this is a discussion board, i can bring up whatever questions I would like to ask.
    Third...how old are you? I feel like you are a 13 year old kid...look i am new to here so dunno much about this board...is it for everyone or has been occupied by those Giant Baby?
    Fourth, gotta do something serious, see ya and dun waste all your time sticking to this board baby~

Kung Fu : Hi Ya Hi Ya! You people dunno any of the arts!

Happy New Year!

8. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Bruce, first, before posting questions, take a few miutes or hours to go back and read the threads in the Ninjutsu section. Those should answer most if not all of your questions. If you still have questions after reading the posts, I'll be happy to answer them as would any other member of MAP.

9. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Yes, that's right. I'm a thirteen year old kid. Well done. I've also got a worryingly low IQ and can't manage to read badly typed posts with poor grammar. You also seem to have given up asking any useful or even remotely intelligent questions and gone for personal attacks instead. Feel proud. You've just joined the trolls.

10. YODA

Re: Ha again

Aha! I THOUGHT you sounded familiar when I looked at your account at authorisation stage - but gave you the benefit of the doubt. Ah well - I was wrong.

Byeeeeeeeeeee

11. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Does this mean that I don't have to bother typing out the corrections to all the misinformation Bruce posted about Ninju tsu? Honestly, if anyone reads all the posts in this section you will see countless post by Kurohana, myself, and many others regarding what Ninja are and what Ninjutsu is. Ninjutsu is not a collection of seperate arts at all, unless you look at some of the Neo Ninji tsu schools. The Bujinkan organization of Ninjutsu is comprised of nine seperate schools, however, they are not seperate arts making up one. Three or four of the schools are purely Ninjutsu schools and all but one of the remaining have roots in Ninjutsu and include Ninjutsu as part of the curriculum. Only Takagi Yoshin Ryu can be considered a "samurai" school. Even so, all the 9 schools make up one art. It is nothing close to a mixture of different arts. Well, that's all I have for now, everyone. Hope someone found this informative or useful. Jaa!

12. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

Hey being 13 isn't all that bad! Thanks for the correction, anyone else think we should have a what is ninjutsu mini forum as to keep this out of the normal section?

13. YODA

Can anyone give me a reason not to delete this thread?

14. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

:eek: no reason here :eek:
    except that I'm getting a kick out of it:D

15. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Well... I can think of a reason to keep it around. For one, it allows someone who may just be ready to once again bring the same question up in yet another thread to see the "uh-oh" warning signs that maybe this isn't a good question to ask and it is one that has been responded to over and over and over again on this forum. Secondly, it's another source for a common misconception to be cleared up as I don't remember the topic of Ninjutsu being a combination of several other arts coming up. Lastly, both Kurohana and myself posted on this thread and that automatically means you can't delete it. This thread has our autographs. :D But seriously, it doesn't matter if this thread is deleted or not. It's not doing any harm staying here and it is yet another source for clearing up a common misconception. I'd say leave it, but no big loss if it is tossed into the fiery pits of MAP Hades. :p

16. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

there are alot of threads that can tell you about ninpo, read through them first :)

17. YODA

Ok - I'll just lock it then. Unless Waya or Kurohana wish to deleted it in which case - go for it guys.

18. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Just lock Yoda. Let it serve as an exmple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.