A true Martial Artist

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Zerodauto, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ArthurKing

ArthurKing Valued Member

Quite an interesting thread (despite the missed opportunity to create surreal comedy magic from the idea of a 'bath to enlightenment') but fundamentally flawed IMO.
    Thers's no such thing as the 'true martial artist', truth is subjective, it's like asking which is the true colour red? So, what is this thread about?, it's about exclusivity- my true is right, yours is wrong. I don't care for that and i think it's a kind of vanity. So, whilst it was mildly entertaining for a while, the idea of a martial artist who has never fought is just plain daft.
    With respect to all people's right to hold and express an opinion, here is my considered response- shut up and train.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

...& this help prove the historical accuracy of your timeline?

3. Zerodauto

Zerodauto Valued Member

None sense, with that definition everyone in the world is a true martial artist. You can practice martial arts all your life and never raise your fist out side of school. In fact most martial arts schools teach you to walk away from every fight unless absolutely necessary. Life is full of difficulties, that's the first of the four noble truths. Most people live their whole lives with out ever getting into a physical confrontation.

So I will continue to believe what I believe and train hard until I become that which I believe to be a true martial artist.

To ap oweyn: I never claimed to understand the philosophy, I just stated that you do not understand it.

To ArthurKing: seems like you wasted time stating something philosophical in nature when you yourself should have been training.

4. lineofintent

lineofintent Valued Member

Unlikely, but it offers some frame of reference for those follow may need it (certainly not everyone).

5. Hyper_Shadow

Hyper_Shadow Valued Member

Well said, I'm done with this thread.