A SUDDEN EPIPHANY!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by warriorofanart, Mar 22, 2013.

1. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I haven't had sleep on over 36 hours (I am studying for my finals that are in 2 hours) so I am tired to the point of not being tired. :rolleyes: :Alien: :yeleyes:

BUT! I just had one of those radical ideas that leap in your mind when you least expect it. The idea that you get and you're like: "how the hell did I think of that?"

It's over the top and might seem unrealistic, and probably no one ever thought of it before, but it could just work.

Why don't we treat each other as equal human beings and not like absolute petunias?

I know, CRAZY, right? Well, call me an idealist, but I thought that most of the problems in the world would be solved. There won't be anymore starvation and needless death in most of the world. Instead of stockpiling weapons, we would be stockpiling aid to those who need it the most. Instead of spending countless (your choice of legal tender) on defense, we would be spending them on education, health, etc.

What do you guys think? Should I go tell the world? Is it going to work?

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

You could start by respecting the rules of this forum and not using profanity in your posts :)

Mitch

3. warriorofanart

Ah, of course. I should have known better :)

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Because our population is expanding on a lump of rock with ever dwindling resources that will inevitably be consumed by the sun anyway

5. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Which is why we need to start exploring space darn it! It would solve soooooo many problems.

6. warriorofanart

We have enough resources to support the billions of starving people, and much, much more. It just that greed has left what's in abundance in want.

7. Constant Flux

Constant Flux Valued Member

Well as you can see above, one of the reasons why it would never work is that any idea must first be dissected to make sure all profanity is deleted and all spelling and grammar is corrected. Good luck.

8. Ero-Sennin

Anywho, On Topic. Ignore the first impression from the title.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTxaGzm_v8Q"]Michio Kaku - Top Secret Military War Plans - YouTube[/ame]

9. warriorofanart

The depth of your insight has left me staggering; breathless in its wake. :eek:

How about commenting on what I wrote, instead of how I wrote it? Especially when it has already been pointed out by a MOD. :rolleyes:

10. warriorofanart

11. Constant Flux

Actually I wasn't talking about your post, which I think is a worthy endeavor but still a very long way from being actualized. I was poking more at people's tendency to read right through something and focus on technical errors, etc.

12. warriorofanart

MAN, I wasn't been too serious, but I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification. :)

13. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Manned mission to Mars in a couple years. Its a good start.

You know, I've never seen proof that this is true. I mean it certainly seems possible given how much waste and excess we have in first world countries but has anyone done the proper research into it?

14. Ero-Sennin

Our government pays our farmers NOT to grow crops to keep prices regulated.

If you take a trip to the US, go to the mid-west with all the open plains and rolling hills. All of it can be farmed. I'm willing to bet the U.S. could solve all the world's hunger problems itself honestly : P.

15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

16. Constant Flux

I agree. I also marvel at the absurdity of things like making fuel out of corn when there are people going hungry all over the world.

17. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Or doing what they're asked to do as a Mod and point out the rules of the forum :)

Mitch

18. warriorofanart

19. warriorofanart

I am sure he meant it in good faith and not complaining on the well-deserved correction of my post :)

20. Constant Flux

Yea Mitch. The only real mistake here would be taking me too seriously. :)