A story with everything

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Slindsay, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

I lost count of how many different topics that regularly get mentioned on MAP feature in this story, bullying instructors, UK laws on consent and assault, real self defence:

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/03/notes-from-the-front-line-going-the-way-of-the-dojo/

Quick note: Matt Delito isn't the guys real name and not all the stories are his, they get edited together from a few tales with the details tweaked to keep him anonymous.

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

LMAO!!!

3. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

A better one in the comments:

4. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Must ask my instructor if he's ever told a story to a guy who writes a blog, as some of the stuff on there sounds exactly like how he'd act! ;)

5. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

haha great story! loved it thanks for the share!

6. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Great story, thanks for posting it. That "instructor" sounds like a real piece of work. I'm amazed people like that get any students.

7. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

That was a pleasant and interesting read, not to mention slightly comedic. Thanks!

8. Ives

Ives Mokuteki o motte hajimeru

Doesn't sound like a dojo I'd like to join. That instructor 'John' sounds like a narcistic fruitcake to me.