A short video, comments or advice welcomed

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I come to this thread to read and discuss the topic, not read or discuss a bunch of rubbish over people getting upset about something so relatively trivial. If I wanted to do that I'd go join a Dear Deidre forum, make an appropriate topic, or join in a thread already created.

This thread is so far away from its original subject matter because of its derailment it simply serves no purpose anymore other than for a few select people to try and one up each other on the Internet.

Bravo.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Okay so let's move on.

SiB, where do you feel you are now with this kick?

Is the balance better, or do you still need to work slowly on drills suggested here?

Do you feel you'll get more by kicking the bag?

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I'm sorry you feel it's trivial. I doubt that's a universal sentiment. But when I get a chance, I will try and break it into its own thread.

4. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

OP hope this helps you with your kick:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezIHiN6NvEI"]The Secrets to the Perfect Muay Thai Kick: Demonstrated by a Lumpinee Champion - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  5. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Well... if I imagine my leg going like in a downward chopping motion it helps a lot with my hip movement. My last class he watched me shadow box. First rd was hands only. Second was foot movement only, third was kicks only, four was just kicks and last round was putting it all together. He was overall happy with the kicks and said they were improving, he critiqued me on a few small things I need to do. That was on Sunday's class. On Saturday when he was holding the bag I was kicking it and when I changed the kicking motion into the sort of downward motion, I instantly felt it on a different area of my shin. more of the front edge, rather than the whole bone area.

6. Saved_in_Blood

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I feel like this video does a good job of explaining the hip and foot action.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBZp6XzRvM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBZp6XzRvM[/ame]

8. Saved_in_Blood

I actually have watched this several times. I like the explanation. I just happen to be to stupid sometimes.

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Nah. Not stupid at all. Conceptually understanding it and physically internalizing it are two different things. I suppose that the journey in between is what it's all about.

10. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Cor...that about sums me and my foray into MA up nicely.

Glad you put in "I suppose that the journey in between is what it's all about" else I'd be not the happy bunny these days, lol.

There are days when I'd resort to shock-treatments if it would rewire a bit of the noggin - not much, mind you. Just enough for a wee better kinematic sequence.