a serious question of real life application

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by ABanzhof, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Generally speaking I agree with you but as I said earlier that only really works when you're aim is to kill everyone on the other side bar none whereas the middle east warzones aren't that sort of conflict counter-insurgency is a bitch to handle well but blowing up everything in sight is a pretty bad way to go about it.

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

This last quote seems to be contradictory to the first two. If we want to hold a higher standard and look good to other nations, the attitude in the last quote won't do it.

3. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Exactly. If we go around blowing up mosques, synagogues and churches simply because our 'enemies' are hiding out in them, then we are becoming our enemies. I don't know about you, but I would rather not be those that we fight. Then that means they really did win.

Unless you plan on wiping their entire nation from the Earth, destroying all records of their culture, and exterminating every scion of that people.

Either kill THEM ALL( even non-combatants that aren't directly engaged in war against us), or don't attack houses of worship and hospitals. There are a bunch of other things that go into that, but that a close to crayon as I make it.

BTW Wolf3001, are you a member of a uniformed service?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

For the record, many countries do hold themselves to a higher standard by following the laws of the Geneva Convention.

5. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

...does this include McDonald's?

6. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Only if McDonald's has turned into a paramilitary organization.

7. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Haven't they always been?

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

This has been one of the most instructive threads ever on MAP. Now I know who's funny, who's completely potty, and why the McDonald's near my house has its own obstacle course.