A safe effective weapon disarm that does not hurt the attaker

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Tom bayley, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Remi Lessore

Remi Lessore Valued Member

We'll if you've given yourself permission to behave like a thug, please don't confuse that with krav maga.

2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

If you can't scale your response on the fly (either up or down the continuum) then there is an issue with your martial training/ability.

If you can't engage in this debate with anything other than "tried by 12 rather than carried by 6" type rhetoric then there is a problem with your intellectual ability.

Just think, if you get locked up you'll miss your son's fictional BJJ comp victories over black belts.

3. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

To me this is one of those situations where being very strong is an excellent tool. I've met and trained with a couple of prison / hospital guards and both were very strong, with tremendous grip strength. Both gave the reason that they couldn't hit prisoners/patients and so had worked on their strength so that they could use simple holds to control patients.

Against kids I don't see why this wouldn't be the same - there should be enough size advantage so that simple things like wrist grabs and bearhugs would work for a lot of people

[I appreciate there are smaller frailer adults, and bigger stronger teens, but in terms of generalisations there should be an advantage]

4. Gunner

Gunner Valued Member

Use a jacket or blanket to wrap up the scissors. Take the kid down with a tripping technique and demobilize the arm.

(Sorry you hit your head when you fell down. Hope it knocked some sense into you.)