A question.......

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Twimyo Jirugi, May 31, 2004.

1. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

After watching Kill Bill Vol. 2 recently, the Bride assumes a stance, I think it was called Tiger Crane. I was wondering, I know there are many styles such as Dragon, Mantis etc., but are there really hybrid stances like the one mentioned above?

2. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Tiger Crane? Is that not Hung Gar?

What did it look like?

(Don't watch movies unless at home sick and can load them off cable--have not been sick in years).

3. Twimyo Jirugi

I don't know, I'm pretty sure it was Kung Fu. It's just, I saw it on a movie so I wanted to check and see if hybrid styles like that are real. Don't recall what it looked like tho.

4. Indestructible

Indestructible New Member

Hung Gar does have a Tiger Crane form. I don't study Hung Gar so I can't really say if that stance is a Hung Gar Tiger/Crane stance or not. To be honest, I watched Kill Bill 2 and wasn't real impressed with Uma's kung fu. I'm pretty sure I could beat her up. ;)

5. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

parts of the movie she was doing "white eye brow" sapposivly. i wasn't to impressed with her katana work or kung fu. she was very sloppy and stiff. like compare movies with samurais from last samurai or twighligt samurai were they actually fight correctly and it was alot more finess.

she is good at movie kungfu. alot of people loved the movies and love the action, though watch she does isn't that effective if she faught a real ma, probably even most 1st year wc students could take her lol.

but she does get across what she is sappose to and that is to fight and do it in a movie. a majority of the people that see it think its cool and realistic, while MA's thuink its cool but very unproductive.

6. Twimyo Jirugi

Woman beater!!!!!!! :p

So it was Hung Gar and not Kung Fu then. But is there any in Kung Fu? Or are they all seperate?

Btw, Yeah, not very realistic but damn cool in my opinion. You hafta admit, the Showdown at the House of Blue Tea Leaves part was great (some of her swordplay was pretty fluid)

7. dashao

dashao New Member

is hung gar not a style of kung fu? :)

8. Twimyo Jirugi

I havn't a clue. That's why I'm postin' here. :)

9. ikthius

ikthius New Member

Hung Gar is a Kung Fu style.

Kung Fu is a general term for most(if not all) of the Chinese martial arts.

ik

10. Law Hon Gung

Law Hon Gung New Member

hung gar is northern shoalin i think? I saw sifu wing lam do that open centerline hung gar tiger once,and he teaches the tiger/crane form which comes from hung gar through the wong family.