a NEW tkd vs MT vid :D

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Ikken Hisatsu, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

its not like he had a lot to work with.

2. hux

hux ya, whatever.

You know...I love TKD, it's been good to me. But Slip's right on the money.

I see the thai fighter absolutely controlling the ring..he makes the other guy go where he wants him, cuts off his escape routes, handles his kicks with ease, sweeps him at will. It's rough. I saw several times the TKD land a solid side kick right into MT guy's stomach - to no visible effect. It's also painfully obvious to me TKD has never taken many leg kicks.

Maybe where Slip and I might disagree is I see a guy who's trained to fight versus a guy who's trained to spar. I don't blame the system - but then neither did Slip, come to think of it. No doubt, regardless - the guy in the gi got pwn3d.

PS - the hate mail for slip is getting old, isn't it? He has toned down over the last few weeks, much more boring these days ;) I figured a mod must have gotten in his ****. I think we could all learn from the guy, FWIW.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

It's a video of one guy winning a fight and one guy losing.

It says nothing about TKD or MT.

We've seen videos of bouts going the other way.

They're meaningless too.

Who cares? When a noob posts a vs thread a lot of people are quick to jump on them; why is this any different?

Mitch

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

exactly.
    sure it does.
    are you referring to that fix in the other thread by Infrazael? :D

Because here both fighters are completely game. The both step in with a big set of kahuna's and get to business.. long story short the TKD guy get's dropped and creased for the entire match. There are some decent lessons to be learned from this little vid. :D

5. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

i think the biggest lesson is that the basics work :D

6. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

^^

Oops wait, I dont know anything about ring fighting. Nevermind.

7. slipthejab

Siphus,
    careful... your clownshoe is approaching your cakehole. ;)

8. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Grabs nose. *beep beep*

9. Mitch

Obviously

Nope, the TKD guy spars semi-contact tournament style, doesn't fight full-contact ring style.
    No arguments there, except that the TKD guy hasn't prepared properly.

Yep, know the rules you will fight under and your opponent.

Seriously, I watched a TKD fighter beat the doolaly out of a full contact kick boxer late last year. The kickboxer's crowd were crowing about how he'd kick ass and chew gum, etc etc. He got seriously pwned.

The TKD guy knew what he was getting in to and had prepared. He used his TKD in a manner appropriate to the rules they fought under, and cleaned the kickboxers clock.

Do I think this makes TKD "better" than kickboxing? Of course not, I'm out of my teens, thanks. Does it show that one fighter on one night beat another? Indisputably so.

My point is that whenever a vid is posted of a TKD or other guy beating an MT guy, the posts are all "FIX!", "Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no!" etc etc.

Yet when it is the other way round "This clearly demonstrates the superiority of MT to 'x' "

Why not just grow up about it? It is possible for an MT guy to lose to a (insert name of martial art you consider most ludicrous here) guy. It is also possible for my gran to beat a BJJ buy. And she's been dead for 20 years!

Mitch

10. slipthejab

LOL!:D

Mitch... err.. don't ya think you're taking this a teensy weensy bit too seriously?

11. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

jump to conclusions more please!
    that other clip is im sorry to say pretty pathetic for the reasons that were already posted in that thread. now if you want to see a tkd fighter who IS good look up a guy called Serkan Yilmaz. he fights in k-1 using taekwondo. sure he has a losing record but thats against the big shots in k-1, he also has a couple of knockouts and uses his TKD very effectively. awesome fighter to watch.

12. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

13. Mitch

After that last glass of wine?

During an enforced lay off due to shin splints?

With only weeks to go to my 2nd Dan grading?

NO! I'M EVEN-TEMPERED AND ALIVE TO HUMOUR!

Ooops.

Sorry. :eek:

Mitch :D

14. jinroh-81

jinroh-81 New Member

good display of TKD, never thought i'd see one (the Serkan clip). It's better than the Finnish Muay Thai Vs TKD clip thats been hanging around the web since the web was first invented, you know, the one where the crowd goes "yay" every time the Muay Thai guy hits the TKD guy. That TKD guy wasn't even trying, probably commited suicide after that shocking display.

What was the style does Serkan's opponent?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  15. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

not sure- one of the japanese cans that inhabit the k-1 MAX ranks, i think he was a boxer.

16. Shen Yin

Shen Yin Sanda/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

First off........OW!!
    If not for the way my sub-system works w/ leg fighting and kicks (which is very similar), I really would've practiced Muay Thai.

All respect to Muay Thai practitioners. I enjoy training with you all. Very simple, very effective, straight to the point.

Damn, that TKD guy really wasn't ready.

17. MartialArtN00b

MartialArtN00b New Member

The TKD practionner is a bit strange. Smiles and smirks when gets a beating. Walks aways from his opponent... Doesnt even seem to try...

18. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

Actually, he didn't punch the face. Head punches weren't allowed.

19. Lexr

Lexr New Member

.............. :bang:

Man, it is sad to see a practioner of a martial art that you study get so ... embarrassingly beat? No, not quite the word. Honestly though, in many ways I'm glad such an apparently arrogant guy as that Japanese TKDist got showed... like Ikken said, it proves the basics work. The TKDist reminded me of a not so distant, well, me. A me who was trying to put on more of a flashy show than win a fight. In fights, whether self defense or competition (we've all heard this thousands of times but it doesn't hurt to hear it again :D ), go with what works when it works. If theres a perfect abdominal opening for a simple roundhouse, than be humble, and do the roundhouse. It atleast works better than a flying back turn knife kick that propels you against the areas lines. Gosh, no wonder why all the TKDists get their rears whipped by MT. I do have to remember that I too could just as easily get my sorry tail knocked down by someone, its all too easy to judge in the fat-boy safety of the comfy chair on the computer. :D

20. Shen Yin

Shen Yin Sanda/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Man, that was very honest of you to say that. But really, this can go for any martial artist who depends on flashy movements, rather than real application of simplicity.

While I do know of maybe a couple TKD practitioners who do suspend this pattern, I've met WAY too many of the same Fist that perform very similar to the guy within the video.

It's a shame really, because it doesn't seem that much has changed in the least.