a new low...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by iamraisen, Mar 3, 2006.

1. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4769630.stm

im not sure if it is possible to sink lower than attacking fireman. i just hope they all burn to death. karma or something like that.

have any of our resident firemen experienced anything like this? i.e. combatant.

2. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Why the hell would you bottle a fireman trying to put out a fire? Thats the stupidest thing you could do. Areas will become no go areas for fireies. See how these muppets fair when they set light to their houses while trying to make meth, and no one comes.

3. "The bill has cross-party support, but stands little chance of becoming law without government backing. "

There we go then. Sorry firemen and other emergency service people. You're just out of luck! The only government backing you'd get is if one of these 'poor, deprived youths' killed one of you and he'd get a warning and 2 weeks community service.

4. Mandras

Mandras Eats Ninjas For Breakfast

Agreed, it's a stupid and disgusting thing to do.
    I remember a short while ago there was an ad campaign on TV about this sort of thing, so clearly its a fairly widespread problem...

5. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Why the hell would anyone be stupid enough to do that? I mean beyond the sheer obvious retardedness of it is the fact that firemen tend to be fairly large, well built guys with an abbundance of axes to hand!

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I used to live near to an estate where this became so commonplace that the fire service refused to attend incidents without substantial police support. The local press nicknamed the place 'The Baghdad of Birmingham' and it wasn't an overly exagerrated title.

But you'll be pleased to know that the estate has since been demolished and the residents moved close to my families new address (WTF?!?!?!)

7. WhiteCraneBoy

WhiteCraneBoy New Member

I've heard of this a lot and it's become so common place over the last 15 years or so. It's disgusting, but I dont understand why. Is it just for fun?

I have been thinking about quitting my job at the end of the year and training as an NHS ambulance crew member (then hopefully a full blown paramedic) and this is one of the things which is mentioned quite a lot to potential candidates.

It's so wrong that to me it's just plain weird.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

During the LA riots we had much of the same thing going on.
    Firemen responding to calls and then being shot up when they show up to put out the fires.

Needless to say very stupid and the shooter deserve a good beat down and then some. What can you do though - the world is full of pathetic freaks.

9. DarthSciurus

DarthSciurus Valued Member

And why firemen in particular, instead of other tax payed people/emergency personnel? Or anyone that happens along? That's just incredibly random o_O

No less awful though... I agree with raisen, they've got some karma coming to them.

10. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

It's happening in other American cities as well and of course mostly in the bad parts. Emergency services used to be off limits, I guess everyone is fair game these days. :rolleyes: :mad:

11. johny

johny New Member

They don't have owt better to do, youth clubs that get these types of people off the street are none existent, this is what happens to underfunded areas.

12. Taffy37

Taffy37 just blue

This sort of behaviour is common place across all the emergancy services. They dont earn or are appreciated enough.

The idiots making the prank calls or attacking these guys, would be the first to scream if they needed help,

It's all wrong as far as I am concerned

13. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

It's not just the emergency services either, i'm training to go into a profession (teaching) that's starting to it's own cases of violence against it.

It's almost tempting to suggest that firemen don't respond to fires in such places. But then some family innocnet of such abuse lose their home/property and the firemen are in the brown stuff.

Thats modern society for you.

Moony

14. That's utter crap. That always gets quoted by grubby little chavs. When I was a kid there was nothing here so people were committing crimes. [Andover alone accounts for 1/3 of all Hamsphire's Arson attacks.]

Now we've got a leisure centre, 2 swimming pools, gyms, a cinema, 3 youthclubs off the top of my head quite a few martial arts clubs etc.... Guess what. They're all boring so people "have to" turn to crime.

Anyone who turns to crime because they're bored needs a bullet in their skull. I live in the very, very quietest part of our county. Very few houses and miles of forest. Guess what? There's nothing to do here. I'm perfectly happy walking the dogs holding hands with a girl. I've got Ohdokwan today and I'll be training with my friend a lot afterwards. When I get home I might do something as wild as READ. Because I like my education. Then maybe I'll go to a friends house and play playstation. Because actually, it's not that boring. And even if it was. I still wouldn't be out assaulting firemen for amusement. Because I'm not a scumbag.

Don't excuse these people. They don't need pity, or sympathy, they need to be nailed up. I'm in the same circumstances they are and I'm making something of my life. I had the sense not to run with my friends after they turned to drink, drugs and being that gang that hangs around on the village wall. Because that's not what I want to be.

15. NaughtyKnight

Holding hands with a girl?

Please tell me thats a euphemism. :D

16. Haha. Actually I do like long walks in the rain and holding hands. I'm just like that. I'm sure I'll grow up and get clever and be just like you though one day NK.... One day.

[I actually didn't think you'd need me to spell out my other favourite past-time...Lol.]

17. NaughtyKnight

I know take you as my new protege. :D

18. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmooooooooooo!

Attached Files:

• emo.jpg
      emo.jpg
      File size:
      17 KB
      Views:
  19. I hate emo's with a passion. :bang: