A moment of sporting history is taking place, right NOW!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by holyheadjch, Jun 23, 2010.

1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

If you're not watching the Mahut/Isner Wimbledon match, you're missing out on a moment of sporting History!

Over 100 games played in the final set.

If you think you've felt fatigue, think again.

2. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

Update: Game called off due to faulty lighting. Tied at 59-59. Electrician due at 0900 tomorrow, expected at 1100 while everyone is in the shower.

Breaking news: Britain declared bankrupt due to cost of new balls in Mahut / Isner tennis match.

3. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Some presenter on Radio Five announced with amazement that it was thirty all, but failed to make it clear that he was talking about GAMES, not points (duh!) so the true significance of this was lost on me until I heard later that it had reached something like forty nine all!

Amazing.

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

are they still going? nothing on telly

edit: just saw the news...will carry on later today

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

This game has just ended 70 games to 68, an incredible feat of endurance, with the winner having to play again tomorrow.

Not my sport, but I guess tennis players at professional level have to be among the fittest of all sportsmen.

6. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

It should be noted that Isner won. Also, I'm pretty sure that Isner has to go and play doubles at 1800 GMT (so, 35 minutes after the time of this post).