A Lock

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by KungFuGrrrl, Jun 1, 2006.

1. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

the weapon lol

2. bill007

bill007 New Member

Why don't you just throw it on his head??

3. BoredNow

BoredNow Valued Member

I assume you were wearing heels and without them your trousers are too long? (or were you trying to move quietly?)

If 1:
    Solution - learn to move and kick in heels!

I actually find it easier to kick in heels if the heel is sturdy as it means I am already on the ball of foot and my bodyweight is already forward.

lock? you mean padlock? when you had that handy shoe in your hand? :)

4. KungFuGrrrl

KungFuGrrrl Valued Member

I had on jeans that are long (to wear with heels) but I had on flip flops not very effective weapon lol
    I did not want to engage in face to face combat with someone as big and mean as this guy, I do have a r uptured disc into my spinal cord, I am a disabled MA.

I wanted the element of surprise, and because his attn was focused on the girl I had time to roll up pant legs a cuff, and kick off my slip on sandels, and look at the wall for a lock! he thought I was purchasing...the lock was a pad lock (with key),
    I cant kick because of my injuries except for ankle breaks maybe knee breaks, my prmary art is Wing Chun, and Tai Chi Chuan with boxing in back ground.

RE handy shoe: a lock is heavier than a shoe and will create more damage, and easier to hold in the hand I could wrap my fist around it, with the end barely sticking out of my fist..... as I said , a hammer hand strike with a heavy lock : OUCH!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  5. KungFuGrrrl

Well , thank you!

A lock in the Sock

I had a lock in a sock to make his brains rock

I swung and I swung his head went kerplung

he fell to the floor and I ran out the door...

Hmmmmmmm *working on my story* lol

6. KungFuGrrrl

and then what? stand there or run around a small room while being chased by a huge man 4 times biggger than me and obviously psychotic? There is NO way I could ave taken him head on.

Throw a weapon means giving it to them if you miss, or at least losing the option of having one.

I prefer no weapons if I am confident I can take a person, I prefer open hand strikes eye and throat jabs ankle breaks........

But thanks for the response, this is an interesting thread for me.....
    KFG

7. KungFuGrrrl

Hey I am not McGyver LMAO........while the storage place did not have nunchakas as part of the few weapons for me to choose from, Ive used nunchaka but not proficiently to attack someone w/o worry of having them taken away and they are very telegraphing, with the lock he did not see it in my hand.. element of surprise.......

8. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

I think the lock is a good idea. It is sort of like a kubaton in that it would provide more of a "penetrating" hit.

Good thinking. :D

9. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

the weapon is legal. no one is going to prosecute someone for an improvised weapon used in S.D. especially by a female who could have easily been overpowered by a much larger male attacker.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  10. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Good idea, except that the jaw wouldn't be the first target. Ears. That would be the first target. Jaws are bone and fairly solid, ears on the other hand are cartiledge and soft and rip easy. Lots of nerve endings. A wahck in the ear would then give you time to batter the jaw. However, instead of concentrating on the jaw, alternate. Strike the ears, the temple, the jaw, the nose, the elbows, the wrists, the eyes. Don't count on one target as the one to end it. That said, quick thinking on your part.

11. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Oh, no I was thinking of the principle behind the weapon: A short flexible weapon will share many use characteristics. So if you've have experience using nunchakas as a weapon something like a padlock attached to a twisted piece of cloth would be a good improvised weapon. I'm pretty confident with the right size and shape of lock you easily could split someone's skull. The problem is that if you've never used a weapon like that before, you may end up hurting yourself. Flexible weapons take some weird bounces when they hit and you need to be ready for them.

12. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Not so much "Oh so true" as "Ouch! So true" :D

Well done KFG for keeping your cool and looking for answers. Anything you feel comfortable with and think might work is better than bare hands, because if the worst comes to the worst and it isn't as effective as you thought then you still have the hands ;)

13. KungFuGrrrl

Thank you and all of you for your replies! I like the one about hitting the ears as a target ouch!......

I have been seriously talking to Sifu Manuel www.shaolinlomita.com (he was one of the Sifu's at the NYC MAP Meet) about starting my lesson with him.... I was really bothered by my initial panic.

I usually think well on my feet (have had a few real life situations) THEN fall apart afterward!

I love my TCC but really miss my chi sau and sticky hands....
    KFG

14. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

You have one thing over many others though.

You now have a rough idea of how you are going to react under pressure. Some people go their whole lives never knowing if they will be able to deal with a confrontation and others who have often just froze up that probably did not expect that to happen to them.

You are always going to be scared and it is not a bad thing to take time to decide what you are going to do. Every situation will always be different and it is not like the movies where you are going to instantly fight back. You need to have an idea of where it is all going to lead too.

You done the right thing by finding an equalizer. Anything against a giant is going to be better than tickling him with your bare hands. The only caution I would say is if you are forced to use something in this kind of situation, make it count, because the last thing you want is to just **** him off some more.

And I do not think it matters what country you are in, if you are in fear of your life, you have every right to take reasonable action, even with a weapon. Even more so if it is a readily available weapon that the attacker could also of got his hands on, like the locks.

I had a policeman tell me that if an intruder comes into your home and you stabbed him even in fear you will probably get time in prison for actual bodily harm or attemptive murder or murder depending on the result or something similar along them lines, especially if he says he was only coming in to steal and not to actually harm you (like you are meant to know that when a stranger breaks into your home), but if the cutlery draw is pulled out and scattered all over the floor during a struggle it would be seen differently as it was at this stage anyones game, it would be reaonable to assume that the intruder may have been after a knife to harm you with.

My point being that an equalizer is acceptable, but jumping in head first without thinking is not, in the eyes of the law.

You may think you hesitated or even done the wrong thing. You are always going to think this. After any kind of confrontation or even a sporting event, you are going to re-run the situation over and over again....thinking about what you would of done or said differently. In hind sight you will always think of something that you did not do or should have done.

I am proud of you for keeping your head. That is a good result that you can never critisize yourself for.

Well done ;)

I think that storage company should rethink their health and safety policies though and perhaps put a window of some kind across the front of the desk.

Lots of love :love:

Lucy