A little something on energy

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by energyboost, Oct 10, 2002.

1. energyboost

energyboost New Member

The creator was very very kind to us. The creator designed this universe with an infinite source of energy. It is as if you tried to drink all the ocean's water one spoonful at at time. The only problem is that we can tap the source but in acting strictly from the source we effectively shut it off. This has been verified thru quantum physics, and the teachings of the tao. A simple example would be, spin in a revolving chair, notice your speed, also notice how your speed increases as you bring yourself in closer towards the center of motion. In this example the center of motion is the source. You cary the same amount of energy with your extremities outstreched as when you are tucked in. However as you direct yourself towards the source(tucking your body in) your speed(energy) increases, and once you are tucked in you stop accelerating. The trick of tai chi is thru motion you direct yourself towards your center but never actually get there. It is perpetual motion directed towards your gravitational center. I have used this understanding and applied it to my martial art. The result: 2 holes in a concrete wall, in my house from a side kick and a punch.

2. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

"The trick of tai chi is thru motion you direct yourself towards your center but never actually get there."
    wat do u exactly mean by this... direct urself towards ur center?...
    mind explaining a bit...
    -TkdWarrior-

3. energyboost

energyboost New Member

tai chi places high emphasis on full circular movement. now classical physics teaches us that all circular movement(aka centripidal force) is always tries to steer towards the center of motion. Even centrifugal force is directed towards the center, even though it is a force directed outwards. this is because ALL circularlike instances possess a very special ratio 3.14xxxxxxxxx....., which can only be represented graphically by a spiral, a spiral goes out and into itself indefinetly.

4. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

"tai chi places high emphasis on full circular movement. "
    ok this is confusing...i m doing Sun style hav seen both chen n yang styles but i don't see them using full circular motions...
    the only style which emphasis on circle is Baguazang...
    isn't TC the force is direct thru the waist. but havn't seen any movement which generates the power and goes circular or in sprial shape??
    -TkdWarrior-

5. energyboost

energyboost New Member

you misunderstood, i apologize. circular meaning in a circular manner, even if you do not complete a full circle, the manner in which movement is preformed is circular in origin. yes the power does originate in the waist but it spreads thru your body as the energy is directed outward or inward, this is what i mean by spiral. it really is a lot more simple than it sounds.

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Evidently you don't understand quantum physics.

I'd like to see those two holes in the side of your house.

7. energyboost

energyboost New Member

ok i admit i don't have a degree in quantum physics but i do understand it somewhat. using my knowledge i'll give you a quantum defenition of angular momentum and how it relates to rigid body motion.

A rigid body is a system of particles in which the distances between the particles do not vary. To describe the motion of a rigid body we use two systems of coordinates, a space fixed system XYZ and a moving system x,y,z which is rigidly fixed in the body and participates in its motion

Let the origin of the body-fixed system be the body's center of mass(CM from now on). The orientation of the axes of that system relative to the axes of the space-fixed system is given by three independent angles. The vector R points from the origin of the space-fixed system to the cm of the body. Thus a rigid body is a mechanical system with six degrees of freedom

we can express the components of the angular velocity along the body-fixed axes x,y,z in terms of the eulerian angles and their derivatives.

p.s. the holes are inside my house, i'll take pictures of them or you can come over and i'll make new ones in your presence.

e-mail me for directions

8. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

*sigh* @ ckdstudent...

Welcome TkdWarrior and energyboost. :)

I have no quantum physics degree either, but I don't need to see any holes in your house either :)

Nice to have a couple of new members making us think...

Have you found this circular method expansive in performing techniques?

Is this another way of projecting your 'Hara', 'ki', or 'chi'?

Please explain more to the lesser mortals on the forum...I am a 6th Kyu in Shotokan, so I still have plenty more to learn :)

Look forward to hearing more form you.

9. energyboost

energyboost New Member

when you make a movement in one direction, as long as you keep a circular motion you can divert the path of the movement in another direction, yet not decrease it's kinetic energy, in fact increase it exponentially because you can keep adding velocity, try it after a certain speed you lose the circular motion due to cooridination, but if you can keep coordination you can increase velocty of your appendages until your physical limit. The trick is to lower the motions to be more direct instead of having to "charge" up.

p.s. not responsible for injury

10. energyboost

energyboost New Member

also according to quantum physics our bodies are much bigger than you think. Our fleshy enclosure is only the "tip of the iceberg" our complete bodies are in fact much much larger. The reason this is important is because while we are in REM sleep the rest of our body(which is mostly em waves) contracts to replenish our physical bodies energy. Now here is something for you to ponder do you suppose thru meditation we could contract our em field body conciously to increase our energy?

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Rigid bodies are nothing more than models for the real world because they don't exist. Now I fail to see how your rigid body system applies to the human body in this particular case since we're looking at impacts of soft and compressible tissue, and rigid bodies are not a good approximation for the complicated movement of the human body except on a very simple scale.

Wrong, in fact you are adding angular velocity which is a different thing. Effectively all that you are doing is lengthening the path. An example, swing a bucket around in a circle and it'll pick up speed. If you apply the same force to the bucket for the same length of time in a straight line it'll have the same effect. Circular motion in the macroscopic world is unnaffected by quantum physics, and has a lot more to do with body structure and biomechanics.

No comment.

Actually this'd be religion, or mysticism, not quantum physics. The electromagnetic field generated by our bodies is caused by the movement of charges through our nerves (which incidentally move as chemical ions in the human body rather than as single electrons). It contracts as we sleep because our nerves are firing less. Besides which EM waves have practically no weight, and extremely low energy compared to that contained within, say, a single cell (taking all of the cells energy into account, not merely the chemical). Quantum physics actually declares that the magnetic field surrounding the body cannot be infinitely large because there is a limit to the amount you divide up energy, same as the Earth's atmosphere doesn't extend throughout the universe because you run out of atoms when you get to a certain height.

Sorry about the angry reaction, but I just get annoyed when people try to hijack physics.

As for the holes in your wall, are they in plaster or concrete? Plaster I'd consider impressive and possible, concrete I'd have to see.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2002
  12. energyboost

energyboost New Member

i always thought our muscles contract the most while we sleep at least that's what i have read

one plaster and one made of wood

Last edited: Oct 11, 2002
  13. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'd be suprised, considering that would mean that we're at our most tense when we sleep, and we'd wake up each morning with ruptured muscle tissue. Where did you read that?

Ah, see it was the declaration of two holes in a concrete wall that made me sceptical, plaster and wood walls are impressive, but possible.

14. energyboost

energyboost New Member

that book the holographic universe i forgot exactly where but it says that our muscles contract the most while we sleep but for fractions of a second

15. ladyhawk

ladyhawk Valued Member

It may be referring to muscles contracting briefly while dreaming.

16. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I was always under the impression that we relax while we sleep, but hey, could be that we tense up instead. I'd imagine that rough sleepers (people who thrash around) may well tense up as they sleep, while people who sleep deeply will most likely simply lie still, otherwise you';d wake up each morning having twisted the covers into aball.

17. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Plasters very easy, but woods reasonably impressive. I too was under the impression that we relax when we sleep!

Col

18. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

strange you mention that...cause most men wake up stiff.......(according to a popular ladies magazine....i think it was spikes!)