A Killing Art - The Untold Story of Tae Kwon Do

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by AJS-TKD, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Hi All,

I have just finished reading "A Killing Art - The Untold Story of Tae Kwon Do" and i must admit having just taken up TaeKwon-Do I had no idea the amount of politics that was involved during the founding years, it was an eye opener to say the least :wow: but a good read all the same, and very informative.

Has anyone else read this ? and what was your opinion of the book ? :thinking:

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

A killing art? Sounds a little biased.

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

4. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

I have read it as well. I have had a grand total of 2 TKD lessons in my life (2 different places while school shopping) - so not really sure why I read it...other than read the free preview on my kindle and thought it was interesting.

Yeah, a lot of political stuff - and yet surprisingly interesting for me as a non-TKD person. I'd think for a TKD person, it would really be a good read, unless the politics pushed the wrong buttons. After reading it I finally know what is meant by "sine wave" I have heard being mentioned here and there.

5. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

6. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Hey Sunfish, Yes I have only just started Tae Kwon Do in the last 2 weeks, but I was similar to yourself read the reviews and the preview on Kindle and thought it sounded interesting. I probably didnt really get the full meaning of the book, and probably would make more sense to someone who has studied the art of TKD for a while. :D

But interesting all the same :)

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.