A Few Diet And Exercise Facts

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Mo Lung, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
    A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it...don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
    A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
    A: Well, if you have a body, and you have body fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
    A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good.

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
    A: You're not listening. Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: What's the secret to healthy eating?
    A: Thicker gravy.

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
    A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
    A: Are you crazy? HELLO ...... Cocoa beans ... another vegetable! It's the best feel-good food around!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

Now go have a biscuit........flour comes from wheat, which is a veggie!

And finally; if swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

:)

;)

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Works for me :Angel:

3. never

never Registered Hero

Lol! Interesting..

4. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

I never thought of it like that.....

Im a changed man.

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I have modified my life appropriately ;)

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Modifications were needed? I think not :D

7. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

I have realised the error of my ways. Hurrah for Macdonalds.

8. shipto

shipto Atkin's for life

sounds a bit like the Ali G diet:
    to get a varied diet make sure you alternate between mc donalds, burger king and pizza hut.
    eat lots of dem boiled vegetables but if you dont like em boiled in water boil dem in oil.
    plus more on the same kind of lines.

9. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Or the diet proposed by a local barbecue place -- you eat all the barbecue and drink all the beer you want, everyday. They say you may not get any results, but you'll be happy, and eating what you want!

10. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

what have been doing with my life all ths time?