A drunk walks into your MA school...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by dori_kin_86, Jul 3, 2004.

1. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

I fourth that!!!! But I'm assuming you mean he's kicking the crap out of me so:

Fantasy: Whip out my sai and deftly slash his belt so his pants fall down

Reality: Kick him in the balls

2. whitematt

whitematt Valued Member

Quick, have them sign a lifetime contract before they sober up!

3. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

They usually just clear a little extra room for me in the back :D

4. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

If a guy wearing a gi walked into a bar what would the dunks do ? :D

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

For those that are appropriate, uke anyone?

6. Patrick Hughes

Patrick Hughes Valued Member

I ask him if Mom knows where he is?

7. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

Hmm we've never had a drunk come in per say but once we did have a group of pot smokers come in, and no I'm not kidding they were out side lighting up pipes. Our school's hidden way back in the middle of no where. So the kids find it a good place to smoke, and I remember them walking in sayin stupid things like, "You fags think your special in your stupid pajamas." Since I know one of the kid and he goes to the same High School as me I know this isn't how he usually acts, and sadly he used to be a good kid, OK back to the problem. Our instructor told the little kids 5-10 years old to go into the locker rooms, and he had the teens and our parents "show" them the door. I say show them the door because we restrained them until the cops showed up:D

8. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

LOL@ pgm and whitematt

Hand cuff him and hang him up like a punch bag (a'la reservoir dogs where Mr white, Mr blonde and Mr pink lay into the cop) even if he was just innocently trying to find the nearest bathroom.

9. shotokanwarrior

Goddammit guys, they're NOT PJS!!!!!!! They're gis, doboks, or just suits, whatever, but NOT PJS!!!!!!!! It's derogatory!!!!!

10. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

I agree, just show him the way out..Unless he gets stupid then anything can happen..

11. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

This actually happened at my MA school last week. A drunk chased his girlfriend into the school and was swearing at her. At first the guy wasn't really aware of where he had run into, after all there were just a few women in workout wear in a kickboxing class. After only a moment the main floor had filled with guys from the upstairs class - all wearing gi's and surrounded the guy, separating him from his girlfriend.

Needless to say, the guy sobered up rather quickly and beat a hasty retreat. The girl stayed and called someone to pick her up to make sure she got home safely.

12. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

All our classes are in church halls. So we get all sorts of people trying to get in. They all get shown the door in a polite manner, so that they go away and do not feel the need to come back.

We've had kids try to come in for evening mass (but we were in a Church of Scotland building!) no masses.

We've had one guy saying that Jesus wouldn't have stopped him 2000 years ago! (well the building wasn't there, and he would have been in biblical nappies, so no he would not have stopped anyone.)

We generally make sure we have someone on the door to steer them away. It can be a good test of your non-physical gong fu, understanding of confrontation.

13. shotokanwarrior

Hey, it's funny I came across this thread, yesterday a drunk DID walk into my MA school. He was talking (if you could call it that) very incoherently with Sensei mainly demanding to learn, when this was refused he asked to come in and sit down (!) and watch us. He kept seizing Sensei by the shoulders, grabbing his hand and shaking it. Eventually he(sensei) got rid of the guy with his cryogenic politeness. He is renowned for being a violent piece of crap, we were having a laugh at him once he walked out the door and Sensei was saying he's drunk, but he's not langers, or he'd be much harder to get rid of -this with a 'seen it all before' air so I think the guy does this kind of thing a lot. My friend who is a brown belt said he was trying to touch her - the sick freaking pervert. After hearing that I performed all of my moves with ruby-laser intensity for the whole session in case I had to use them on him.

14. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

What if said drunk is one of the students?
    A person who shall remain nameless in case my sensei ever wanders across these boards once came to class drunk, but hiding it well. Sensei never noticed, but me and my brother did. Our reaction? To mess with his head all class. :D After our treatment, he swore to never do it again.

15. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

The local drunk who sometimes wanders into my school says his name is Marshall, and if we ask him "Marshall what?" he says "Marshall Arts!" :D As long as he's not interfering, we just let him sit & watch. After a little bit he gets bored and leaves.

He came in the other night when we had a bunch of brand new students, and he started to wander onto the training floor, so one of the instructors politely showed him out.

As for drunk students, there are a bunch of drunks at my school, but we, I mean they, yeah, that's it, they, limit their drinking until *after* class. :D

Seriously, I personally hardly ever drink, but usually go down to the pub with the drunks from my class.

16. dori_kin_86

dori_kin_86 Hu Flung Pu

If I were a teacher, I would refuse to teach anyone that decides to get drunk. Its against the Okinawan tenants of the style I practice. Same goes for drugs, possibily smoking. Our Okinawan Martial Arts school isn't rehab, or a social club, any non-serious student can leave. Its to build skills in people so that when the time comes to make certain decisions, they make the moral and just choice.

17. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

That's all well & good; however, there are those, myself included, who believe that a person can enjoy an occasional drink & still be able to make moral & just decisions.

Incidentally, the most skilled & highest ranking student at my school is also the biggest drinker.

18. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

ha, our school is across the street from a baar/ dance club. every friday night after class we close a fence infront of our parking lot to keep people from using it. we have had a few drunks walk into our belt graduations becuase they are held later at nights and on fridays. usually whoever sees them first and isnt doing something just turns them around as quietly as possible to avoid destraction

19. shotokanwarrior

I definitely agree, people can lose control and do some seriously mucked up things with alcohol in their brains. I never drink, much to the contempt and derision of other 'cool' young people - the stuff can wreck your reflexes.

20. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

To each his or her own. If my instructor were to dissallow individuals who get drunk into his school (AFTER class, not before :D), people who would not be allowed in my school would include my instructor himself, my instructor's instructor (the founder of our school), both the other instructors, and all but one of the senior students. At that point, there wouldn't be a whole lot of point in training there.