A drunk walks into your MA school...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by dori_kin_86, Jul 3, 2004.

1. dori_kin_86

dori_kin_86 Hu Flung Pu

If a drunk walked into your MA school, what would you do?

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Politely show them the way out. :eek:

3. Tika

Tika New Member

I second that...shouldnt be too difficult.

4. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

happened to me while at the airport hotel, only it got in the lobby. it's amazing what happens when you put a bottle of port at the end of a stick and throw it outside. :D

5. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

I guess this is distinctly possible since we train in a Legion over the bar! :D Hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure when 50 heads turn to look at him and we are all wearing funny white pyjamas he will figure he is either crazy or he had died and gone to heaven (bunch of ugly angels, but who else would be seen in large groups with funny white pj's on?)

I am sure he would just as soon turn and make a peaceful escape.

6. FortuneFaded

FortuneFaded Feel my Squirrely wrath!

we have a really horribly, finingiady door, the kind of door that slams shut on your fingers and prevents access to the dojo, the drunk probably couldn't get in to see us in our white pjs.

7. DrunkenMantis

DrunkenMantis New Member

Mmm... well... I work security at a concert venue in town here (it's one of those gi-normous amphitheaters), and I have had to deal with a fair number of people who were drunk and worse. A lot of them were pretty easy to deal with... just be nice and they'll do anything you want. Then, of course, are the obnoxious, complaining ones, who are all hot air but won't do anything. Fortunuately, I haven't had to deal with any violent drunks (knock on wood). But I'll know what to do (Chin Na... it's a wonderful life). And my supervisor holds several-Dan black belts in TKD and HKD so we're good :)

Just be kind and they'll do what you want 9 times out of 10!

8. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I doubt the drunk would even be able to find my school. It's not all that easy to locate, even for the sober!

9. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Well of course it is hard to find - you are ninjas after all! :D

10. DrunkenMantis

DrunkenMantis New Member

hehehe... no one would think to look for a Praying Mantis group in something called the "Zion Education Building!"

11. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

We had a young man out of his head on something (not alcohol) come in to watch our session one time. He looked very shifty. Basically I was confident he was really there to see if there was anything in the building he could pinch to feed his habit. Fortunately there was one rather burly student who was watching rather than training that night. So I allowed the young man to 'watch' our class (at least I could keep an eye on him then) and my student sat and chatted to him. He got bored pretty quick and left. I just needed to make sure that he really had left the building and wasn't poking around in any of the other rooms. Looked a most unsavoury character.

Rather than just sling him out, it seemed more pertinent to be nice, invite him in where I could keep an eye on him and make sure he didn't go away feeling aggrieved (that way he might come back and vandalise the building after we'd left).

Mike

12. Akuma

Akuma New Member

I would **** him up with my "T3H D3Adl33" ninja techniques!

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

i third that :)

14. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

i'd wonder how he got in .. we have a key pad lock on our dock.. little children used to run in and out of the building all the time. was very annoying so we locked them out :D

had a guy pretend to watch our class.. then half way through stole a wallet and ran off.. with our sensi running straight after him. Didn't get to practise any moves on him though. sensi caught up to him and the guy nearly wet him self.. have to be desperate to try to steal from an MA class :D

15. Cain

Cain New Member

Bah! Use him as a punching bag ;)

Seriously, what do you expect? Show them the way out one way or the other :rolleyes:

|Cain|

16. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

We have this problem a lot, we usually try to sober him up with a few strong coffee before he starts teaching.

17. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Nice one! :D :D :D

18. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I have a good story along those lines:

One evening our lead instructor entered carrying two half-gallon bottles of whiskey, the senior students of course realized this was for making dit da jow, but many of the new students and parents seemed quite concerned by the looks on their faces. Noticing this he stopped held up the jugs and annouced "Tonight we will be working on drunken form" jokingly, and then explained what it was for.

Everytime I see this thread I think it's a lead in for a joke:
    A drunk walks into a MA school and says...
    Or mabye
    A catholic bishop, a rabbi and a hooker walk into a MA school and...

19. GhostRider

GhostRider Student Of Life

Show him the way out the easy way, on his/her feet. If you were to hurt him/her it would be nothing for him/her to charge you with something. The judge would probably look at the martial artist being charged as having the upper hand in the situation, on the martial artist's home turf and with back-up to help. This would make us look like the aggressor and the drunk only as being unfortuanate and foolish. Unfortunately, life doesn't provide many "free and clear" opportunities to use your martial arts without consequences. Choose wisely my friends... :Alien:

20. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

When I first started training with my primary instructor, the school was across the street from a bar. We had to deal with this situation about once a month.

My instructor, Guru Ken, would meet them at the door and politely ask them to leave. We never had one get belligerent. They were usually just full of drunken curiosity and were trying to ask questions about what we did. Guru Ken would tell them, "Come back when your sober and I'll answer any questions you have." At that point, they'd usually thank him for his time (or at least offer a drunken approximation of such) and leave.

Mike