A different take on the Human Weapon Episode

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by KempoFist, Dec 17, 2007.

1. shadow_ronin

shadow_ronin Banned Banned

And that is why you are a good fighter.

But good fighters don't make cold blooded killers ;)

I know the new theme has just started but i'm just going to throw in something from last year.

A Man is no match for a Daemon.

2. Crow

Crow Valued Member

No Shadow Ronin, thats the reason I am alive. The fact that you - with your much discussed experience in these matters - try to sound like some old wise man from the mountains is sickening, and the very reason I spit when I see a Booj sign. You can take the credit from that.

There are always rules; social, law, physical even. I don't know if your talk of cold blooded killers is just adolescent's fantasy, I hope it is, because if you have met any REAL cold blooded killers, or dysfunctional sociopath criminals, there isn't much to be desired to be one of them. And if you do, I really only do feel very sorry for you.

3. shadow_ronin

This is a really good show. "The truth about killing"

Everyone should go see it.

Excerpt [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlisebA91eE"]YouTube[/ame]

When it's kill or be killed there is only one rule...

Survive.

4. Crow

Crow Valued Member

****... Some people really - and I mean life really not DC comics really or from a documentary - carry some really disturbing stuff with them. Do you really idolize killing, or being a killer. Do you fantasize about being a lethal killing machine AKA Jason Bourne, ninja, Rambo etc. ?

That is, in a word, unhealthy. Killing is simply unnatural procedure for a human being. You can follow any goddamn warrior code you want or think of yourself as Batman, it wont change it. Some of the old style stuff is specifically meant to re-program your mind to be able to kill. To do so for a genuine purpose (to defend your life, country etc in war time), okay; to learn these methods for academic knowledge and acknowledge that, fine; to fantasize about it because insufficient self esteem and fear or random street violence, unhealthy.

You are 19, maybe 20 now, I don't know. And you spend your days thinking of this stuff with fervor of a true believer? I am not going to say get a life, I am going to say, go and seek victims of violence, then get to know some of the people who induce violence. The first part is heart wrenching. Second, very very unpleasant. People capable of extreme violent acts are not the romantic shadow warriors who enjoy the beauty of a rose before going to a kill. They are mean, nasty, unstable and bullying.

You are the only person who really know if you wish to be something like that truly, a killer, as you so easily throw the word. If you do, either get help soon or I hope the police will catch you.

5. shadow_ronin

Troll Tactic 101 - Ad hominum.

Please stay on topic and stop drifting to personal attacks.

:topic:

Your PM's are a serious infringement on the TOS.

If you continue i will be forced to ignore you :D

6. Crow

Crow Valued Member

Actually I didn't know they were against the TOS... so, blame for reading it lightly. You are free to post those PM's if you want to and the moderators allow. Apart from that... You really should spend some time away from the imaginery deadly land and try to get yourself acquainted with real life and real people.

And... Want to put me on ignore? Oh blimey, now I just can sleep for a week I am sure.

7. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Please forward the pm's to me for review??

Thanks

8. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

9. Hayseed

Hayseed Thread Killer

I think he was going for as soon as there are rules, it's not reality.

10. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

Well that isn't what he said and if it was I still didn't see any sources or reason to believe it. Obviously it isn't as real as a no-rules street fight, but if that's the only criteria then it's just a tautology.

If concepts from more restrictive rulesets (boxing, MT, submission grappling) can be usefully implemented in less restrictive rulesets (MMA, NHB) then it should be demonstrated as to why concepts and techniques from MMA couldn't be implemented on a less restrictive ruleset (no rules). Therefore, while it may be not as real as a no-rules environment it may still be real to worthwhile degree.

11. seattletcj

seattletcj Valued Member

Interesting talk on street vs sport :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCR-B6BwfMY"]SBGI über Selbstverteidigung / SBGI about selfdefense - YouTube[/ame]

12. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

lol... so let me get this right..

If you practice a TMA, you are:

- a dick
    - a pussy
    - more inclined to kick your dog
    - more inclined to beat your wife
    - relying only on eye gauging and biting because thats apparently all you train for
    - not realizing being a cocky ass makes you less of a target and less likely to get into a fight
    - not understanding the longer you stay in the "fear based heirarchy" the worse you get
    - uncomfortable cross training because you know you suck
    - paranoid, scared, fearful
    - training in something that is bad from the ground up
    - easily manipulated

jesus... no wonder there are so many people in here talking smack.

How to sterotype/hate 101

13. gmonky

gmonky New Member

That's not an interesting talk on street vs. sport.

14. shadow_ronin

Systematic brain washing.

Young impressionable people who are told how to think and how to act.

"You will become more confidant and more happy. I can guarantee you. Rickson Gracie and Chuck Liddel are happy and confidant. If you train like us you will become like them."

"Judo, Muay Thai, BJJ, Boxing are a lot better then all those other styles because the techniques we do are simple and fundamental. TMA have advanced and intermediate level techniques, see that's ******** because these techniques don't exist. Trust me i'm telling the truth"

Now i understand why the MMA/BJJ crowd argue and think like they do. You are brain washed and can't think outside of your little box. You are being indoctrinated by these guys, can't you see that.

Whoever this guy is he is passing out the Kool Aid like there's no tomorrow.

Welcome to the MMAcult.

Edit: If any instructor ever started talking to me like this i would walk straight out that door and not come back.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  15. shadow_ronin

16. Banpen Fugyo

I wouldnt go as far as to say they are like a "cult". Just that he is a bit misinformed.

Nothing a good ass kicking by a TMAer cant fix, haha.

17. shadow_ronin

He was using cult like persuasive techniques appealing to his "students" emotions and egos.

He was also marking "outsiders". These people don't train like us, they are pussies unlike you with your superior training. They don't do our activities so they must be shunned.

Classic persuasive arguments.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KgJQUXr2Ws"]YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  18. gmonky

gmonky New Member

I agree with shadow. Dangerous character. Reminds me of how some teachers are really different. I just started training with some BJJ guys in Tokyo cause I can't be bothered to travel out to ayase or the honbu to train with Hatsumi.

This guy I am thinking of starting with is so different than this character on the video. He's real open to the fact that I trained in the bujinkan and since I already did some ground he let me roll around with some of the blue and purple belts, (I got owned pretty hard by one of his purple belt students, as I expected) when I went to his school.

The thing is that it no insanity just training hard and having a good time. None of the this crap that other styles suck and we are the only people who know how to fight. Bujinkan is the same, at least with most of the guys I know in Japan. This video really shows how you need to find a good, stable teacher and how important they are to a martial artist personal development.

19. Banpen Fugyo

funny part is that the Straight Blast Gym's Matt Thorton wrote a book called:

Freedom from cults - M. Thornton 1997

Doh.

20. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

When I visit Japan I focus my training (location-wise) around Hombu, but not solely on Hatsumi sensei as I feel it's very important to train with the shihan as well. My "Spring training" trip last April was the shortest I've ever taken over there (I only stayed 5 nights), but in that time I was able to get in a full 24 hours' training -- all of it, except Hatsumi sensei's Tuesday class, at hombu.

If you're living in Japan, of course, there's no need to take such an "intensive" approach. If you want to keep training in the Bujinkan, if I'm not mistaken there's one or more shihan with classes in the Tokyo area that you could probably train with. And I doubt they'd have a problem with you continuing to train in BJJ as well.