'A' class tournaments for poomse

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by neryo_tkd, May 24, 2007.

1. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

At the ETU Poomse Instructor Seminar in Alicante the board of the ETU had a meeting and took the following decisions:

* ETU will supervise the organisation of 4 A-class championships Poomse, analogous to the organisation of the A-class championships which are already organized for Kyorugi in Europe.
    * All the affiliated federations will be informed and will have the opportunity to become candidates as organisation of such an A-class tournament.
    * A team of ETU referees, under the supervision of the technical director of the ETU will judge these A-class tournaments.

These decisions will not only improve the technical quality among the affiliated federations but also create uniformity in the judgement system. It shall give Europe, as a continent, the possibility to profile itself more clearly by participating at the Poomse World Championships.

There was also a meeting between Park Soo Nam, 9th Dan, Vice-President of WTF and the higher present Dan grades. The goal was to discuss the evolution of Poomse on world level. The result of this discussion were the following proposal:

* WTF should create a standard version of every Poomse for World Championships. This means that those new forms would be mandatory at World Championships and they would be new for everybody. In that case every participating federation at the World Championships will be obliged to make adjustments in the performance of the Poomse while preparing.

This proposal has 2 advantages: Every participant at the World Championships will need to adjust his Poomse in one or another way during his preparations. On the other side, Grandmasters and Poomse academies will be able to keep there own identity and vision on Poomse without being forced to permanent changes.

It has to be seen if those proposals will find their way into the official rules but vivid discussions among the members of the WTF are likely to happen in the future.

2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

there are new uniforms for poomse:

for 7.-9. Dan
    [​IMG]

for 1.-6. Dan
    [​IMG]

for Poom holders
    [​IMG]

3. bmcgonag

bmcgonag Valued Member

Interesting, but I would like to see a level of advancement even within the ranks as you are moving up.

Maybe I'll start my own organization, stick with Taeguek or Palgwe, and add in my own.

Thanks for the info,

Brian