A Ba Gua or Hsing-I Instructor within Los Angeles County?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Greetings!, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Greetings!

Greetings! Valued Member

Hello everyone!

I live outside of the city of Los Angeles, but, still, within Los Angeles County, in the area that is referred to as the “west side”.

Does anyone know of a Ba Gua (Pa Kua) teacher here in the west Los Angeles area? If not, perhaps anywhere within Los Angeles county? A search on www.google.com shows me one Ba Gua instructor who, apparently, holds classes in both Santa Monica, California (which is part of the “west side”) and also Los Angeles. However, I’d like, possibly, I feel I'm being reasonable, more than one teacher to compare him with.

Also, does anyone know of a Hsing-I teacher in my area? An associate of mine has informed me that there is a Hsing-I teacher in Marina del Rey, California (which is part of the “west side”). However, again, I’d like more than one different instructor to be able to compare him to.

The telephone book, vis-a-vis, the category Martial Arts within the Yellow Pages, does not display any Hsing-I or Ba Gua schools or teachers.

Thanx very much.

The best to all,
    “Greetings"

2. gpinkert

gpinkert Valued Member

3. KRONOS

KRONOS Valued Member

4. Greetings!

Greetings! Valued Member

Hello!

Thanx very much to gpinkert and Kronos for your replies. I'm getting closer.

GPinkert, you provided more leads for me for Bagua at, both, beijingkungfu.com and ninedragonbaguazhang.com. Great. Thank you. However, regarding Xingyi, the class that's listed at beijingkungu.com is "Advanced Xingyi". Thus, it's above me now, at this time. Perhaps, in the future ... You kindly recommended me to reference the telephone book - martial arts, to then be able to call schools teaching Chinese Martial Arts. Although your point is well taken (after all, you took the time to write), this is the reason I am making this post inquiry here at martialartsplanet.com, if anyone already knows of a, either, Bagua or Hsing place.

Kronos. I grately appreciate your reference to a "Tim Carmell's school". However, per his website, www.shenwu.com, he teaches out of Garden Grove, California, which is in Orange County, California. Garden Grove is well over an hour away from my neck of the woods, in west Los Angeles, thus, over an hour drive, driving in congested highway traffic. However, thanx very much for taking the time to inform me.

I seem to be getting closer. Does anyone else know of a Hsing-I (Xing Yi) school or teacher in Los Angeles county?

The best to all,
    Greetings!

5. zac_duncan

zac_duncan New Member

6. SanDiegoTaiChi

SanDiegoTaiChi New Member

Gerald Sharp - ChiFlow.com

Gerald Sharp lives and teaches in the Pasadena/Glendale area. I don't know if this is close enough to you, but Gerald has advanced skills in Bagua, Hsing-I, and Wu Style Tai Chi. He also has some excellent DVDs on all three arts.

Check out his site:

http://www.ChiFlow.com

Hope this helps...

Tim Ash
    tim@SanDiegoTaiChi.com
    http://SanDiegoTaiChi.com