82 year old martial artist, amazing

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by CobraMaximus, Dec 11, 2004.

1. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

I Heard A Story about a guy who was assailled by two teens at a rail way, he was 90 i think, they were 16-18. Anyways, they picked him cos he was using a walker,and old. One kid was found unconcial next to the tracks where they attacked the old fella,the other found screaming for help in a toilet cubicle with his feet pressed against the door (Which at the point of rescue was off its hinges) As our friendly neighborhood grandpa man was bashing the door down. Turns out the guy was in the army and a champion of some martial art in his youth.

DONT PICK OLD PEOPLE I HAVE HEARD TOO MANY STORIES!

2. CobraMaximus

CobraMaximus Banned Banned

My mates dad aint that old (53 i think) but he is an Ex Army Warrant officer. Someone started giving my mate bother when he was in a shop so he said as much to his dad. Needless to say a 6'2 army Warrant officer in full fatigues who was quickly popping in for something on his way from from work was a bit...intimidating shall we say.

3. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

Some of these old timers are a great inspiration.

I guess most of the ones who are really flexible and fast at 80+ have been doing some sort of sport or MA all their lives and have managed to maintain a high level for 60-70+ years - no mean feat.

Slightly off topic, but even in mainstream sports people are lasting longer at the top levels than they did 20 years ago, football (i.e. soccer), rugby etc. Also rowing in the case of Steve Redgrave. I guess it's a combination of discipline, a properly worked out scientific routine, diet and good physiotherapy when needed.

Actually in the case of Steve Redgrave I think he he was diagnosed as diabetic whilst training and obtaining his last Olympic Gold.

W

4. CobraMaximus

Yeh he was, thats why people fund him so inspirational. He is diabetic and he still manged to win. Why is this is the discabled martial artists forum lol when we are talking about rowers :|

5. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Thats a very good question...I think it should be moved since we are actually talking about enabled people...not disabled! Actually, anyone who is not held back by their physical limitations should be considered enabled, and I vote that we (we meaning the admins and not me..hehe) change the forum name to 'Enabled Martial Artists'...seems more fitting.

6. CobraMaximus

Well it was about a really old guy which could count as like slowed down and stuff by age but then somehow we started talking about other stuff :D

7. soctt03

soctt03 New Member

I don't know if any of you have ever been to see the Shaolin Kung Fu show but there's a guy who's relatively young at mid-70's but hey, he does the splits etc. without the bat of an eyelid. truly an amazing guy.

8. piranha

piranha New Member

Wow, people here are old. lol :)

9. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

I don't know how anyone could live with themselves attacking someone so old. I hope he got systemic infection and died from the toilet.

10. Kev63

Kev63 New Member

Am 96, and what? I love martial arts!

11. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Man I reakon I would be lucky to live to 80 :D