80s ROCK!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by WorldChampTKD, Aug 19, 2004.

1. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

Hey,
    Anyone out there into the whole classic, 80s, arena rock type stuff. Music is my other passion, I'm actually the drummer of a band. We're called Crash and we're trying to bring back retro rock. If anyone wants to check out our site its www.CrashRock.com some of our influences are: Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Rolling Stones, Dokken, Cinderella, Guns N Roses, ACDC, and so on. Anyone else out there into that stuff?

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeah, i love that stuff. I listen to A-ha a lot, remember watching Take On Me music video when i was a kid and it stayed with me since. :D

3. Jim

Jim New Member

Aha! I have found my true love and her name is JEN!

Seriously. She ticks all the boxes:

a. She's female,
    b. She likes REAL MUSIC,
    c. She likes MA, and
    d. My wife doesn't know about her! :D

4. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

The 80's rock. I'm into that a lot.

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I don't thing the record label Crash would be too happy about your name! Anyway, didn't the Darkness kinda bring 80s rock back to the limelight?

Zeppelin and the stones are two of my favourite bands ever along with the doors and jimi hendrix experience. GNR are awesome as well, you should check out velvet revolver as well if you haven't already (most of GNR are in it along with stone temple pilots singer).

6. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Rock and Roll baby ... yeah!
    Actually I'm a poser :( The closest thing to rock I listen to is Linkin Park. I'm a 90's modern hip hop G. I get down wit it ...

I'm the fella with the perpetual "oyster" charm
    "Mother of Pearl" delivery, voicing harm
    And, it's hard being the boss, G
    But I can't go to jail cause them years'll cost me
    Don't get me wrong, I'll lay sum'n down if you force me
    But I'd rather just sit back and roll a dutch
    Think of how I'll put the game in the clover clutch

~ Kiss

7. Matt Molloy

Matt Molloy Valued Member

(Starts singing.)

"We're not gonna take it!
    NO! We ain't gonna take it!
    We're not gonna take it.
    Anymooooooooore!"

(Stops thrusting arm in air manically. Goes and puts pink spandex away for another lifetime and calms down.)

Cheers,

Matt.:D

8. EarthElement

EarthElement New Member

GET SCARLET!!!!!!! HE'S A "G"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three of the greatest influences you forgot 2 mention are 1.METALLICA 2.SLAYER 3.POISON 4. FASTER PUSSYCAT 5. ANTHEM 6. MEGADETH 7. KISS 8. CRADLE OF FILTH...........o wait thats my band:-D

9. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

I'm into Judas Priest , mettalica , Whitesnake , Zeppelin , Purple , Motorhead and all this fun stuff .

but thats an era thats long gone and i have no problem with that.

10. EarthElement

EarthElement New Member

i do. :cry:

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

My friend said the cheesiest 80s album he's got is Hasslehoff's. :D
    Mullet Mania!!!

Also the first song that goes on the Kareoke box is Final Countdown.

"suddenly feeling that my credibility is dwindling"

12. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Anyone remember Magnum.....fantastic

on a story tellers night. great album

13. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Hey GG .... Magnum is touring again! http://magnumania.co.uk/ (go to Magnum Tour Dates) .... they are all listed in that thread

Magnum will be rocking the Astoria October 1st as part of their 10-date UK tour in support of their brand new album, Brand New Morning. Thunder's drummer Harry James will be joining the veteran metallers on the tour.

I was an 80's radio dj :D I have a special :love: for the "hair bands"

14. TM77

TM77 Valued Member

The Darkness remind me more of the 70s glam rock bands like The Sweet and Queen.

15. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

We are neglecting Phil Collins and Genesis. Land of Confusion and I can't dance are two of my personal favorites.

16. LS

LS Full Metal Jacket.

80s anything, I like bands like breathe, tears for fears, a ha , hall & oates, the cure !!!!, r&b in the 80s was great too ; guys like troop, can't forget new edition, and when love songs had some real substance. 80s rap you had rappers delight, young mc (oh yeah) , I can go on and on about 80s music.

17. TM77

TM77 Valued Member

I hated most arena rock music of the 80s.
    But I have a special fondness for the 'new wave' music of the early 80s in particular. Like Ultravox, Gary Numan, Japan, XTC, Lene Lovich, Bow Wow Wow, Devo, Thomas Dolby, Bauhaus, Joy Division, New Order, Echo and The Bunnymen and so so many others.

18. DonDuuk

DonDuuk New Member

80's Rock rocks!!!

Though there is some good modern stuff too.

DonDuuk

19. dori_kin_86

dori_kin_86 Hu Flung Pu

I absolutely dispise 80s glam/arena/hair metal. Too flashy, too annoying, and their wailing sounds like their spandex is on too tight. Face it! Its a basterdized version of Rock spawned from a night with some groupies.

20. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

The 80's Sucked. Wanna know why? its the year i was born :p :D