500th post (Mystical Tattoos)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Guerilla Fists, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

OK OK, This isn't actually my 500th post. But it is still close enough to where I want to make a special post to celebrate my half thousand mark.

In MA we hear a lot about mystical forms of training, from adepts at Chi who can blast people from a bodies length away to monks who raise their body temperature at will to survive for days meditating in snow.
    One thing I have recently come across is mystical MA tattoos. And I was wondering if anyone has heard/seen/expereinced/possesses any of these special tattoos. Some are said to activate a ferocious fighting spirit or even cloud the minds of an opponent. I know it sounds far fetched but you never know.
    I would also appreciate any links or book recomendations on the subject. All posts are welcomed including the anticipated skepticism...I'm skeptic myself.

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

New one on me EP, but congrats on post 500. ;)

3. Guerilla Fists

Thanks, now I'm just 9/10 away from your level!

4. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Lets hope you never sink that low. ;)

5. Adam

Adam New Member

Having a tattoo makes some people feel more confident or badass. Doesn't have anything to do with it being magical.

6. Guerilla Fists

LOL, at this rate I might get fired if I get caught again on MAP. JK...never been caught.

But I should have been more specific. I have heard of tattoos that are supposed to activate chakras, open meridians (seems like they would do the opposite IMnotsoHO), grant psychic abilities and do all sorts of crazy things. Just to clarify if people look at this post and go "huh?"

7. Guerilla Fists

telling it like it is

like, saaaay, oh i don't know....PIRATES!?!

8. Adam

Adam New Member

Pirates? What are you on about?

9. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

tattoos creating power sounds too goofy... i wanna tatoo hopefully it don't contain magical powers... i want a tiger on my back with my name kristyn written in korean something like that... still deciding.

10. estranged13

estranged13 ex video game freak

i got dragon on my right arm in chinese its kinda funny because when i go out wearing a tank top ocasional strangers act intimidated and stare. its funnny becuase all a tatto is a scar with ink in it.

11. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Didn't the Bronze Shaolin Monk dudes have some symbols on their chests?

12. Jim

Jim New Member

Try looking up Borneo Tattoo's on yahoo. There should be some online. The Borneo warrior/hunter tribesmen used to have specific tattoo's like that.

13. Guerilla Fists

I actually did a research paper about the Borneo, Maori, Botucudo, and other tattooed tribes. It wasn't just about them but also tattoos in general. The paper was about twenty pages so it covered everything, ancient to new, religion to style. But only recently when researching tattooed monks did i find out about mystical tattoos in India and stuff.
    But I don't think the Borneo used any magic tattoos, Tattoos were awards and symbols of virtue in their culture. Thanks though, i appreciate it.

14. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

A mate of mine is getting an ancient (Celtic?) warrior sigil tattoo done. There are a number of these designs.

I'll ask him link me to some of this stuff again.

I used to toy with the idea of getting some magical tattoos but I dropped that. Now I want a tattoo based on the Cretan maze (http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/maze/cretan.htm) but I'm not sure how to develop it - I want it as a tree or in a tree or something.

Rgds,
    David

15. Jim

Jim New Member

Magical? Hmmm, not sure but maybe chinese? That's all that springs to mind at the moment.

I've been working on a back tatt for a while now that incorporates the zodiacs (both of them) and the Feng Shui Pa'kua at the centre.