360, wii or ps3

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by psbn matt, Jun 10, 2007.

?

360, wii or ps3

1. xbox 360

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. nintendo wii

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. playstation 3

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

there is a lot of debate on the pro's and con's of all the new systems, so i was wondering who had what, and which system is the most popular with the fine people here on map :)

2. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

The wii's in front.

3. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Not anymore :D

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I voted for 360 and wii.

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

360 despite the fact i haven't used it for a while, shadowrun looks good but its getting pants reviews. It hink I'll wait for bioshock.

6. Zuarko

Zuarko Valued Member

I voted Wii and Xbox, great both, been playing for a time with them.
    European ps3... Not quite sure if it will be so good. I heared it has two graphical chips less, and it doesn't run all ps2 and psx games. When any of my friends get one I'll see better, hehe.

7. eric60

eric60 New Member

I don't owned any of these but hope to get Wii someday. Here is what I can say of these three:

Sony Playstation 3 Console – has an average expert rating of 80 (based on 8 expert sources).

Nintendo Wii Console – has an average expert rating of 85 (based on 18 expert sources).

Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium System – has an average expert rating of 85 (based on 7 expert sources).

Based on the above, it is clear that Wii has caught up with the best while PS3 lags further behind. Just my 2 cents.

8. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

I play the wii with the kids. It's a family style system and the games tend to be somewhat simplistic as a result. Mini-game oriented. Don't get me wrong. I like it. It's just that other games that I thought would be really cool for adults (such as Red Steel) just aren't all that much fun.

I also have an Xbox 360. I really like the RPGs like Oblivian, and now that Forza 2 is out my xbox is shaking off a lot of dust.

9. Awakening

Awakening is on vacation

I love my Wii. Zelda was great, and Wii sports is highly entertaining! We had my girlfriend's 4 year-old neice play boxing against her 70-something-year-old great-grandmother. What other system has games like that?

10. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

They removed the PS2 emotion chip for the European PS3 which is why it doesn't play PS2 or PSX games. Firmware upgrades are needed to play those games under emulation, even then, they're never going to release upgrades to allow you to play every PS2 and PSX games. There are some PSX games that my PS2 refuses to play! GRRRRRR!!! :woo:

11. Ad McG

PS3 came bottom. Justice at last :D

12. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

I voted PS3. I'm also probably one of the few voters to have played all 3 consoles sufficently enough to make an educated decision. :)

13. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I have a wii and it's great fun.

Even if the Xbox360 and PS3 weren't £100,000,0000 each without extra's I wouldn't bother getting one over the wii.

14. Ad McG

True but that also limits how you view it. I voted wii + 360 because the Wii is a given and the 360 covers pretty much everything the PS3 has for a cheaper price. If the PS3 was the same price as the 360 and didn't have blu-ray I would probably get that.

15. tom pain

I can see your point but I kind of feel with a discussion like this people judge a console based on price, but without having actually playing it. You can't say "film X is better than film Y, even though I haven't seen film Y".

The fact that the Wii is under 1/2 the price of the price of the PS3 might be a factor for many people and the innovation factor is great. But I can just sadly see the Wii ending up a console where each game will consist of mini-games or very similar games. Great for the price, but I just feel soon it will start churning out carbon-copy games with a different brand name attached.

The 360 is a great console no question (my brother has it, and I'm quite a fan of Gears of War) and at a more family-friendly price which is why it is a market leader - perfectly understandable concept.

However, I just feel that given the potential capabilities of the PS3 (given the size of the Blu-Ray discs and how little is being used on each one with the current games being released) I can see a gap betwee the game qualities beginning to develop when developers get to grips with programming for it. Granted, £400+ is a big excessive for most people, but isn't that what a student loan is for? :D Free online gaming means it is where I would go for my online gaming (rather than the 360 which I consider an online rip-off). Mortal Kombat II was recently added to the PlayStationNetwork which is damn tempting me!

But less of the rambling - we have each console in my house so it's a win-win! :D

16. SiAiS

SiAiS Moved on

I didn't see an aweful lot of what was available game wise [PS3], what I did see was comparable to the X Box, though the X Box games that I saw were very stale in off-line mode, and completed in no time at all. The PS3 has the motion thingy in the controller so I guess that [disregarding price] it can match the WII pound for pound and then blow it into the weed with the top end stuff... Gran Turismo!

17. Chimpcheng

From what I've been reading online and in magazines the sixaxis doesn't even come close to the responsiveness and functionality of the Wiimote. That's not to say that it isn't a tasty bit of kit, but by a lot of accounts the motion controls of the sixaxis was an after thought and tacked on at a late stage.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  18. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's not that great.

19. tom pain

I don't think it was supposed to be as effective as the Wii one, but as something that might be incorporated into some games. It works quite well - anyone played Super Rub a Dub? :D - but it's not there to compete with the Wii I think.

20. Chimpcheng

Exactly, it's just a little tacked on thing at the end. I mean, I can't imagine the sixaxis being any good as a motion controller for a golf or tennis game. Maybe it'll be great for things like 'Super Monkeyball' or a 'Marble Madness' type game.