311 or 911

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Shou Tu, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Now that spain has seen and felt the destruction and loss that the U.S. felt. Are the Terrorist suppose to be left alone? Was the actions the U.S. took initially wrong, would madrid have been attacked if the U.S. hadnt tightened its borders and struck back?

My outlook on this event is this: Terrorist have decided to attack the kid on the sidelines because they were losing the game. They are trying to detract from the focus of the War on Terrorism. Trying to get a ignorant message across saying that, look if the U.S. and supporting countries didnt support the war we wouldnt have had to attack a country that isnt involved.

perspective: NHB Fighter losing a match and leaving the ring and attacking a spectator to try and justify that if the other fighter wasnt winning he wouldnt have done that.

MHO

Salute,

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Sorry, your post is somewhat confusing to me. Are you trying to say that Spain wasn't involved in 'The war on terror'? Because Spain was the 3rd biggest proponent of it. And besides, I was under the impression that it is still unknown who carried out the attack, it could quite possibly have been Eta.

If I can take this chance to offer my condolences to any MAP members who have who have been affected by this crisis, I wish you all well.

Thanks,

Col

3. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

yes they were the 3rd but in essence they were a support element. all they were doing was support the peace portion of the events.

ETA? not familiar with this faction. explain please.

I give my condolences to all effected by this event as well.

I commend the protestors young and old alike that protested against the attacks in the open and didnt blame on form of Gov but a faction of individuals.

Salute,

4. Adam

Adam New Member

Your point is incorrect in my opinion. Spain was very much a backer in "The War on TERROR! and is a likely target for Islamic terrorism. This attack was probably carried out by the ETA anyway, but everything gets attributed to Islamic terrorists these days. If I fall and stub my toe, Al Queda was clearly involved!

The terrorists are losing the game? I wasn't aware there WAS any kind of game, other than in the minds of paranoid Americans and their propagandists.

ETA: Euskadi Ta Askatasuna, Basque terrorist group wanting autonomy for the Basque people in Spain, carrying out hits and bombings to put pressure on the Spanish government.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  5. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

the only dealing im know of was supporting the conflict in Iraq. But as i always do i cant put my thoughts to forum.

If it was ETA it is still a terrorist attack. although i dont know much about ETA.

Salute,

6. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

This cannot compare with 911. I do believe us would help spain out if they need it. I guess it is a wake up call for spain now.

7. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

more along the lines i attempted to approach. Maybe for the whole world?

8. Adam

Adam New Member

The difference is that when most people think "Terrorist" they think of some guy named Omar with a turban and an AK-47, not about the ETA in Spain, the IRA in Ireland or the now defunct Baader-Meinhof group in Germany.

Yes, that sounds like a good idea Kenpo and Shou Shu, let's spend even MORE money and time on defending ourselves against boogeymen and spooks. Look out, there's a terrorist behind you!

9. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

IRA havent they been fighting the british over gov't issues. but use terroist attacks against supporters?

CNN just said ETA denies blame of the attacks. the cell phone call they keep playing is just horrific.

Salute,

10. Freeform

Eta denied it immediately. However, the attack does not bare the classic signs of an Eta attack, which are usually lower key, targeted at a lesser loss of life and usually accompanied by a warning phine call. However over the last 6 yrs the Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar has made Eta his personal project after they tried to assasinate him. This has resulted in Eta lossing the vetran members of its managment, leaving it in the hands of less experienced members who may have carried out an 'immature' attack.

Having said that an Islamic terroist group did try to claim credit for the attacks yesterday, but this is not to say thay actually did do it.

Col

11. Freeform

Elaborate please, I can't make sense of this.

12. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

As has been said ETA have denied this attack and it really isn't there style it is far more organised than any attacks that they have used in the past.

Another possiblity being looked at is that al-qaeda and eta working together in some fashion.

And to say this isn't as major as 911 is a bit misguided in terms of loos of life maybe its a lesser scale however a lot of that is due to the trains being late as these bombs were timed to go off when the trains were supposed to reach the station. This could have tripled the number of people who lost there life

13. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Im not familiar with what IRA's purpose is. Im just asking do they use terroist type attacks. I thought their big issue was british rule in Ireland. i dont follow this much but love to get educated on this subject.

Salute,

14. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Good point which hasnt been said in coverage i have watched. But maybe its intent was to be as large with the THREE timed explosions as well as the 3-4 timed crashes from 911(pretty much says something about the planning). I say 3-4 because the 4th was meant for the White House but was faultered.

Salute,

15. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Eta have denied attacks widely known to be their work in the past.

Also, don't take this the wrong way (I mean no offence), but not everything revolves around America. I think this is a totally seperate terrorism incident, no matter who planned it.

Given the sensitivy of this topic to some people, maybe do a little research on it on Google or something? The IRA and their politics is a topic I'm quite familar with, and its highly complex and impossible to explain in the scope of a forum post.

16. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

off-topic:

War on Terrorism: they use to show commercials showing that if you support drugs/heroin you support terrorism. wel...

why does the american government allow our country to have such high use of morphine, vicadin, and other opium products if we ourselves are not supporting terrorism?

why is a non-terrorist drug with similiar benefits and less addiction and health risks, Marijuana illegal... while prescribed forms of opium is not? Marijuana can be grown at home.

My biggest argument that we are being hyprocrites with opium based products is that a large portion of opium is grown by forced/slave labor in laos and other parts of asia. Hmong people have been forced by France and Britain for the last 75 years to grow opium or else have to face punishment. Britain 200 years ago forced people to take opium in china after winning the opium wars. They even forced china's government to have open trade of the addicting drug to increase the money coming back to britain. then britain took the drug home and even used it on children to put them to sleep for 20+hours, mothers who had worked exploiting amounts of hours, and even some other bad uses.

My argument is, why does our government publisize such a strong anti-terrorist action, but support the same terroist regimes or goals?

Why do we support opium, its growth, its exploitation of humen labor, its destruction to children, and links to blackmarket and terrorism? And why do we have such a highly addictive drug prescribed to simple injuries such as muscle tear or headaches when we could give them something less harmful like marijuana which is also less addicting, cheaper to produce, and the benefits go on.

Is it because U.S. and Britain companies still benefit from illegal and legal opium trade, in which they have cheap labor harvest the gruelling task of growing opium, then have people become addicted to it or be prescribed it when there are better alternatives? Why legalize merijuana if new people would take money away from the old people (opium companies and markets)?

This is a messed up issue. People who think opium use is cool have bigger problems they need to look at. Often I argue with my pascifist, liberals, conservatives and the like who think "opium" or one of its forms would be a cool drug to use/have. I say this...

If you go to peace and anti-war rallies, then why would you support something that abuses people, kills them by force and by use, and is harvested in unhamane manors? Isn't this hypricritcal?

And for the right-wingers... why would you support a war for anti-terrorism, when your country supports the blackmarkets that harvest opium, and are a major reason why opium is a problem today?

If your really interested and want to know more, you should study Hmong Opium growers (who are forced too), the vietnam war and french/britain/us ties to opium, its effects and addictions, and other serious issues it brings. People need to support or not support things from the ground level. You can't be a pro-active peaceful person if you support actions that kill and harm people who would not be involved if not by force.

Marijuana, legalize it. If you like people that do heroin, opium, and abuse morphine you are a being a hyprocrit.

17. Freeform

Yes, you are.

As Kgirl suggested if your interested in the history of the IRA use google to look it up, its far too complicated.

And another thing I have to agree with Sarah is, why do Americans think its all about them?

Col

18. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

many don't understand that if we were all pascifist, we would not have war on any level:(

people say its impossible, i say that is a humen flaw. how can 1 person be pascifist and not all be able to? it is a choice. It sucks is because people exploit others to their advantage. This is why i chose or try my hardest not to participate in what i hate, which i hope others do too. It angers me if people say they hate child labor, then wear nike's hehe. Not saying that everything i own is legit, but if i am openly aware of something i do not participate.

For capitalism to work for all... EVERY humen in the world needs the same equal humen rights, natural rights, food, and care. Though it will not happen because a minority likes to exploit the majority.

I'm not even high, i should stop with the politics its only 7:20 pm.

19. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

You mean it's not? :)

Um, what's that word e - ego -egocentric! Yeah that's it. It's our single largest export.

I think the paranoia has been running pretty deep ever since 9-11 so everyone assumes all terrorist activity centers on the U.S. Forgeting that other countries have been battling terrorism for years. It's not just a middle east problem.

20. Togakure

Togakure New Member