30-Second Video Clip

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dale Seago, Mar 2, 2005.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

After going back and reading through the entire thread and what lead up to that... yes it was hilarious.

I'd actually come across the Steele Foundation site some time ago and anyone who's up on knives has definitely come across stuff by James Keating. His reputation preceeds him. I believe Dale Seago is in good company.

I think the chain of events pretty much speaks for itself.

2. bakufu

bakufu Valued Member

Looks like it was good fun Dale.

3. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

How typical of the ignorant, ill-informed and stupid to slag-off something they have no hope of understanding.

4. Jujitm

Jujitm New Member

Thats a really amazing video i'll show it to my friend who like me is fascinated by Ninjitsu and I also like the pics their great too

5. tengu666

tengu666 Valued Member

Dale,

Juan is attacking typically Bujinkan-style: no resistance, lunging straights. I mean, it's not a problem to defend agains Juan. I would be happy to see you so relaxed and superior while defending against a no more than 3-4 years trained Thaiboxer or kickboxer. Maybe not a challenge for you, but that would be a valuable video, since I really seek people how actually know how to APPLY BB taijutsu they theoretically learned. Showing how to control that kind of opponent and his space would be really a great motivational thing for Bujinkan people. :)

So, IF you want to show your skills, show that on a sparring partner, not on a training dummy.

Cheers!

6. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Offensive towards Juan don't you think and unnecessary???

7. tengu666

tengu666 Valued Member

No, no, don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against that guy. I only comment his way of attacking. Absolutely nothing personal. I support his efforts, but he must learn to attack.

8. Tetsujin

Tetsujin Valued Member

just for laughs

it's really funny..hahaha.....more clips please

9. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Awsome video, and you have no need to explain yourself to anyone Dale.
    I thought it was great and if he can't get the context it is in and enjoy, his loss...our gain.
    I think it was pretty obvious this was play. Having fun. But the flow was pretty cool, If I am ever in Cali I'd love to train there for a spin.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  10. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

You really don't have a clue do you!!!!

11. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

Glad to know that Dale's here solely for your amusement.
    With respectful comments like the one above, you'll go far in the world of martial arts my friend :rolleyes:

12. llong

llong Valued Member

Comments from the beginner:

1) Is there any other art whose sole goal is survival?
    2) Isn't that the different between art and sport?
    3) My guess is that Dale was holding back more than Juan was, and more than an experienced fighter would. IOW, I don't think it would be prudent to video tape your suggested fight.
    4) Many arts don't even have the uke/tori format......

13. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Actually, you'd probably find it disappointing, because it would look more similar than you'd expect. Manipulating kukan is manipulating kukan, and it has absolutely nothing to do with an opponent's "style" or "technique".

It isn't about the opponent, it's about the space.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  14. tengu666

tengu666 Valued Member

Dale, can you describe me that in details.

Thanks.

15. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

:)

its called TRAINING...

16. Dale Seago

Correct.

I've already given a lot of very specific details and examples, both visually and in written descriptions, in this thread.

"Ye who have eyes, yet see not; and ears, yet hear not. . ."

As Ben has pointed out, it does take time to develop "the eyes to see" this stuff. And that's what proper training, with someone who does understand, is for.

17. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Dale, you've made my day

i was only talking to spooky about yours and ben's experience and feeling like a kyu grade in reference to it. thanks!

18. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

The clip was impressive, I thought that it needed to show you to get hit once or twice though and maybe have the guy throw with a little more intent but still very impressive.

19. Dale Seago

Yeah, I know, everybody always wants to see a "fight". Sorry, I don't do that. :)

20. LittleGirlBlue

LittleGirlBlue New Member

Im glad this thread was resurrected...