3 second fighter

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by craigwarren, Jul 17, 2003.

1. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

I just finished reading geoff thompsons "3 second fighter, the sniper option". It was a great book, i had never though so much about how a fight could be decided by the pre-fight actions of its two combatants. But after reading the book, all i deas he gave really seamed to make sence. Some of the training idaes he gave sounded very interesting aswell.

So can anyone else recommend more books by the same author or perhaps other authors on the subject of self defence. After all it can't hurt to know this kinda stuff can it?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

3. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Tony Blauer has some good stuff.

4. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Geoff has done MANY books and videos, I recommend the following:

Dead Or Alive (book)
    Watch My Back (book)
    The Fence (video)
    3 Second Fighter (video)

Other Self Protection books you might want to get:

Strong On Defence by Sanford Strong
    The Gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker
    Streetwise by Peter Consterdine

Nathan

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Thanks Nathan :D

6. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

another good phrase that kinda works like 3 second fighter is "a two-hit fight". 1'st i hit you, then you hit the floor. the end. of course, it would probably take more than that in real life. It's just a good concept to consider. Fast and painful, hehe.

7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Or Craig, you could just ask me really nicely and I'll lend you virtually any of Geoff's books ever published, I don't have 'Dead or Alive'.

Col